Donald J. Trump's notorious administration has temporarily delayed a ten percent tariff on some products manufactured in China.
The decision, made on Tuesday, is unlikely to be made permanent, but will immediately reach a number of companies and products, including Apple Inc. and the iPhone.
The administration has made the decision to postpone the tariffs on certain products and product types until December 15, 2019. This is classified as a temporary postponement, so it is not in fact a long-term victory for the business and products that will be of use. Nor is it a long-term victory for the end consumer as the tariff rates are likely to result in noticeable price increases when they finally hit. However, here and now there is a small gain for the products involved in the release.
The decision to waive the tariffs applies to phones for mobile networks, portable automatic data-processing machines weighing less than 10 kg, set-top box and streaming devices, external computer screens, keyboards, non-wireless headphones, and remote control peripherals for video game consoles.
This means that Apple's iPhone is currently exempt from the tariff, such as the iPad, MacBook, iPod touch and other laptops, all of which fall under the title of being portable automatic computing machines. As long as they weigh less than the 10 kg mentioned, of course.
However, not all good news is for all products. As of September 1, 2019, the ten percent tariffs will apply to base stations, lithium-ion batteries and battery packs, Mac desktops, Apple Watch bands, and even Apple Watch itself, which falls under the category of & # 39; machine for receiving, converting, transmitting or renewing voice, images or other data . & # 39;
This category also includes AirPods, HomePod and even wireless Beats hardware. So Apple may have benefited in some areas of the release, but has definitely been hit where it hurts a number of its other products.
As mentioned, the Trump administration has made the decision to postpone the first ten percent tariffs on a product type slew until December 15. When that date finally comes, we fully expect these tariffs to come into effect and Apple and other companies to pay heavily for imports of their Chinese-made goods.
(Source: Business Insider)
You may also want to check out:
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here are our choices [List]
- iOS 13 Beta 6 profile file download without developer account on your iPhone or iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 6 IPSW links and OTA profile update
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web on iPad thanks to iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden features for iPhone and iPad [Running List]
- How to downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta to iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS compatibility for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Connectors and install on iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod  You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep up to date with all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Related Stories  Like this post on Facebook