September 19, 2018
This blog reveals information for unsolicited delivery launches and contractors. Read about three effective solutions from Postmates, which has recently raised funding and become a Unicorn company. Let's check what's inside?
It is undeniable that "on demand" or "same-day delivery services" has become one of the hottest trends in delivery services. Currently, goods like cooked food, groceries and spirits are delivered to customers on the same day.
Let's look at the market overview first, emerging trends and some implications of delivery services on request before entering the bulk.
- Delivery services for last miles have become important more than any consequence of consumer behavior. So with continued growth in various sectors like courier, parcel services, home providers are the most preferred.
- Talking about online food delivery statistics, revenue in the online food delivery market amounts to USD 96,235 million in 2018. It is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2018-22) of 11.1%, resulting in a market volume of 146.654 million US dollars by 2022 .
- The largest segment of the market is Restaurant-to-Consumer Delivery with a market volume of 78.734 million dollars in 2018.
- According to the report from CB Insights, Southeast Asia has become the living areas in the demand delivery software economy.
Emerging Trends & Implications
- Same Delivery Market: In this image of BI Intelligence you can check the recovery of same day delivery services.
- According to Statista's report, "The survey took place in North America and Europe in 2017, with regard to the most common services from last-minute delivery." So according to this survey, 59% of respondents return for its last mile customers. This is what you can see in the picture.
Consumers expect faster delivery from their online orders. And product categories like food, consumer goods and luxury goods are well suited to the same daycare services. According to the survey by Stifel Financial Corp. "About 60% of the centuries expect delivery on the same day as an option with their online purchases. And more than 60% of consumers are willing to pay more for the same day's convenience.
Thanks to on-demand local delivery mobile apps , which has revolutionized this sector. In the world of living demand economy, it is a very popular on-demand locomotive app, Postmates, which is the top and beats its competitors in last mile delivery services.
After achieving milestones, Postmates has entered a Unicorn club. According to the latest report from TechCrunch, "Postmates, on demand local delivery app, has secured $ 300M in series E funding round, and valued at $ 1.2B." The finance round was led by Tiger Global Management.
Postmates: An On-Demand Local Delivery App
Image Source: Phillyvoice
A Demand Logistics Provider, Postmates, is a lo call delivery application on request that allows app users to order food from restaurants, groceries and liquories in less than an hour Postmates, the new unicorn business, has claimed to be the first and largest on-demand network, enabling growth in retail throughout country.
- The local demand company Postmates, on request, operates the largest local demand delivery fleet in 44 major US metropolitan markets.
- Founded in 2011, based on the San Francisco Bay area, Postmates has collaborated with Starbucks, Chipotle, 7 Eleven, Walgreens and Apple.
The supplier provider Postmates allows its app users to order from any restaurant or shop in the U.S. cities, delivering goods in just a few minutes.
- Over the last few months, Postmates Delivery App has expanded its services in more than 400 US cities. like Mexico cities.
- The company has also announced its partnership with Walmart and Instacart.
- Postmates has already completed millions of deliveries, and it is profitable in 90% of the markets, and gross margins have improved dramatically to almost 50%.
- According to the latest report from TechCrunch, "The On-Demand Food Delivery Giant, Postmates has launched its food delivery service in 134 other American cities." But it already has a presence in 550 cities across the United States, including Texas, Georgia, Columbia, South Carolina, New York and Albany.
- According to the Report from SimilarWeb, the Postmates app is ranked # 13 in the Google Play Store.
3 Effective solutions by post members to be considered during development of a delivery application on request
1. Deliver products just the way your customers want it
Delivery applications on request are based specifically on delivering products like cooked foods from restaurants, groceries and liquors within an hour. As we have already mentioned, consumers expect faster delivery when it comes to local demand for products.
One of the important solutions that you can choose from this Goliath is to provide services according to your customers' expectations. In order to make your services efficient, it's a startup, you need to come up with the solutions that your customers expect in their daily life plans. You must build an on-demand local delivery app, which distributes products as per user convenience and at reasonable costs.
If you plan to create a local delivery application upon request like Postmates, it is important to offer solutions, considering the modern consumers in mind. Be sure to provide solutions such as what fits your busy life plans.
2. Convenience is the key
Image Source: postmates
Convenience is the key, especially in cooked food delivery and groceries. Having delivered flexible delivery to your modern consumers in local demand services, the next thing is to provide customers convenience. And of course, it's the key you can give your consumers in the demand delivery application as postmates.
You may have heard this many times "On-demand provides convenience," and it is one of the key factors that can take your on-demand delivery business to the next level. In demand-supply businesses like Postmates, the potential gives convenience to modern consumers.
So, if you plan to create a delivery application on request like Postmates, do not forget to forget about one of the evergreen solutions ie convenience.
3. Diversification of your services
Image Source: Postmates
To be It's important to diversify your services, from cooking from nearby restaurants to groceries from supermarkets. You can expand your services, or we can say, diversify your services. For example, on-demand delivery application like Postmates has allowed to order liquids upon request via an app. So, to diversify your services, check the following key factors:
- Sell as your competitors have not yet delivered. [1 9659015] Reduce delivery time.
- Allows you to order on-demand fluids directly from the app.
Diversification of your services is one of the strongest growth strategies and the most effective solution that you can consider when developing an app under the category of solutions upon request.
The Contest in On-Demand Local Delivery Apps
Aside from Postmates, there are some other on-demand local delivery applications, recognized as rivals by Postmates. 19659014] ByDash
If you are one of the required delivery launches that intend to dive into the world of demand economy, then It's a high time to develop an on-demand local delivery app as postmates.
Apps like postmates provide new opportunities to claim delivery launches and if you'd like to start developing an on-demand delivery app, then by considering the above-mentioned solutions, you can scale your business faster and see outstanding results .
If you have an appe on the local vendor applications on request such as UberEats, Postmates, DoorDash or Instacart, confirm with us as we are a leading development company for Android / iOS apps and have already developed over 3500 mobile apps in different categories.
If you still have questions or confusion regarding delivery of delivery applications on request or on request delivery app development for development costs, please contact us through our contact form. One of our sales representatives will return to you within 48 hours. The consultation is completely free!
You may also like:
This page was last edited on November 20, 2018 at 6:02.
Do you have an app?
Get your free consultation now