Transferring files between your PC and Android device is something every user does at least once. For others, it is the whole lifestyle that cannot be done without. But when it does not work due to various technical difficulties, it can be easy to get frustrated.
What should I do if Android file transfer doesn't work on Mac?
Are you one of those who tried to connect their Android phone to Mac, but the Android File Transfer app didn't work?
Here are some of the errors you can fix by following our guide:
- Android file transfer no Android device found.
- Android file transfer could not connect to the device.
- Android file transfer cannot access device storage.  Android device not recognized by Android File Transfer.
Don't worry, we are here to help you with various methods to solve this problem. Before you start, make sure you have the latest Android File Transfer app installed on your Mac.
1. Enable file transfer option on your Android device
Enable file transfer on your Android device. This is done by going through Settings -> Storage and then accessing the add-on menu from the three points in the upper right corner. Then go to & # 39; USB Computer Connection & # 39; and check the box next to & # 39; Media Device (MTP) & # 39 ;. Try connecting again with your PC, as some users alone can solve the problem.
However, it may be necessary to take some extra steps otherwise. If the above options do not appear in the storage and USB settings, follow these steps:
- Remove the USB cable from your Android device.
- Enable developer mode from Settings -> About phone -> Press the Build number repeatedly until a pop-up appears.
- Go to Settings -> Developer Options and enable USB troubleshooting.
- Lock your phone and connect it to your PC via USB.
- Unlock the device and swipe down to alerts and press "USB for charging".
- From the pop-up window that will appear, select File transfers.
- Unlock and unlock the device again.
This allows the phone's security to allow file transfers through; Some things can cause them to block or cause problems.
2. Uninstall Select App from Mac
Kies, Samsung's file transfer software often interferes with the local Android file transfer software. The only way to work around this is to uninstall Select yourself to solve the problem. To do this, you must download the installer before selecting the uninstall option in the file package.
Read also: Best Siri Options for Android
3. Try Another USB Cable
Sometimes the problem is not software-based, but instead comes from the hardware. Some USBs can support file transfers, but unfortunately there are others who do not. USBs that come with the phone in the box are usually capable of transferring files, but it may not be possible to say other variants.
Buying good quality cable will not only allow you to transfer files with impunity but will also ensure that it has a longer life and will not wear or wear until it is time.
4. Use Smart Switch for Mac (for Samsung devices)
If you own a Samsung device and you want to transfer your files to Mac, you can easily do that with the new Smart Switch software for Mac.
All you need to do is install the app on your Mac and connect your device to the USB cable. Then open the Smart Switch app and transfer your files to your Mac or vice versa.
5. Use an alternative app to transfer files without USB cable
There are many apps available on the market that allow us to transfer files from Android devices to Mac or PC wirelessly. You can read our guide on how to transfer files from Android to Mac without cable, and choose one of the apps mentored in the post.
Hopefully, your problem will be solved by one of these methods.