We are happy to announce it Apple Augmented Reality by tutorials has four new chapters available!
We have more content ready for you to start building realistic, immersive apps with augmented reality! The tutorial-style chapters will give you hands-on experience using Apple AR frameworks and technologies such as Reality Composer, RealityKit, and ARKit.
Our previous AR book, ARKit of tutorials, was a collection of ARKit-specific projects to create different real-time AR experiences. That book also focused on SceneKit as the most important rendering technology.
Apple Augmented Reality by tutorials replaces ARKit with Tutorials to learn all the available rendering technologies Apple has to offer. This includes not only the new RealityKit, but also SceneKit and SpriteKit as well. The book contains a collection of new new projects to create various real AR experiences.
This book is a sequel to ARKit by Tutorials, not an update of that book. Apple Augmented Reality by tutorials gives readers a single, unified path to all of Apple̵
This book is currently out in early release and we have added four new chapters!
What’s new in this release?
This third early access edition of Apple Augmented Reality by Tutorials includes:
- Chapter 1: AR Quick Launch: Learn how to set up and use RealityKit to build a face-based augmented reality app.
- Chapter 12: ARKit: Get a complete introduction to ARKit, Apple’s framework for creating fully interactive augmented reality, and learn about the different types of rendering options available with ARKit.
- Chapter 13: ARKit & SpriteKit: Discover how to combine ARKit and SpriteKit to create exciting augmented reality 2D games.
- Chapter 14: Raycasting and Physics: Learn about raycasting, 2D hit testing and the SpriteKit physics engine as you add more features and functionality to your game.
We have several chapters underway that cover topics such as:
- ARKit & SceneKit: Learn how to use the power of SceneKit and ARKit together to create powerful 3D augmented reality scenes.
- ECS and collaboration experiences: Build a collaborative AR experience and learn how to create and manage a multipeer connection.
- Aircraft anchors and focus nodes: Discover how to detect, manage and use aircraft anchors and focus nodes. Learn how to enable environmental mapping and add light and shadows.
- AR Coaching Overlay & Billboards: Learn what it takes to add and use coaching overlays and billboards to your app to help new users on board.
After reading this book, you will have a deep understanding of the technologies and frameworks used to create powerful, immersive AR experiences for the Apple platform.
About the author
Chris Language is the author of this book. Chris is an experienced coder with 20+ years of experience, and author of 3D Apple Games by Tutorials. He has fond memories of his childhood and Commodore 64; more recently, he began adding more fond memories of life with all of his Apple devices. During the day he fights to survive in the corporate jungle in Johannesburg, South Africa. At night he fights demons, dragons and zombies! He codes for relaxation. You can find him on Twitter @ChrisLanguage Forever Coder, Artist, Musician, Gamer and Dreamer.
Where should I go from here?
This book is available as part of our Early Access Program; when you buy the book now, you will receive a free update when the book is available in its entirety! Get it now for just $ 49.99 – that’s $ 10 off!
As always, be sure to join our newsletter for the latest announcements about books, free tutorials, screencasts, video courses and more!