Apple wears masks when they enter an Apple Store, and it also has team members hitting them. But this is Apple, so any old mask will not do it. According to one Bloomberg report Apple went so far as to design not just one mask, but two.
The two masks are built for both business and retail-based workers, according to the report. And the two different masks actually also meet two different use cases. One of them is ready, for example.
The mask – called the Apple Face Mask and Apple ClearMask – is the first developed internally by Cupertino, the California technology giant for its employees. The company previously created another face shield for medical workers and distributed millions of other masks across the healthcare system.
By making a clear mask, Apple can help people with hearing problems who want to read lips. Traditional masks prevent it for obvious reasons, but clear masks give people a full overview of a person’s mouth – perfect for reading lips.
However, there is no suggestion in the Bloomberg play that Apple intends to sell any of these masks.
Instead, it seems that they are meant for Apple alone. And it can also be a shame. Face ID cannot work while someone is wearing a mask, and someone who is ready can fix it.
You may also want to check out:
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 8 IPSW links, OTA profile file and iPadOS 14 Beta 8 released
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW links and install on iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW links, OTA profile update released with automatic COVID-19 alerts
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 using Checkra1n, here’s how to do it [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 to iOS 13.6.1, How to do it [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG app hack: Activate outside the US in unsupported Series 5 and 4 countries without jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Like this post on Facebook