Apple has stopped signing iOS 13.7, which means that there is now no way for users to downgrade from iOS 13.7. The move also means that anyone who restores a device from scratch will also be pushed towards iOS 14.
Apple only released iOS 14 last week, but while some people have issues, it has largely been a popular launch.
The transition to blocking downgrades to iOS 13.7 is something that will always happen at some point, and Apple has been increasingly aggressive in killing older versions of iOS in recent months.
While most can downgrade to allow jailbreaking, and while iOS 14 has already been jailbroken, it will likely remain something that is only available on certain iPhones for now.
Apple tends to want people to run the latest version of software versions because it ensures that developers can also target a newer release. By making sure that most iPhones run iOS 14 or later, Apple can allow developers to use features and APIs that are not available through iOS 13.x.
If for some reason you do want to downgrade from iOS 14, good luck. If you’re suffering from bugs or other issues related to iOS 14, we can only suggest that you cross your fingers and hope Apple fixes them in a future update. We know that iOS 14.2 has already been tested by developers as well.
You may also want to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW links, OTA profile file and iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 released
- How to fix bad iOS 14 battery life [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 final IPSW links, OTA profile file along with iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 using Checkra1n 0.11.0, here’s how to do it [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final compatibility for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW links and install on iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 update requested fixed issue on iPhone and iPad, this is it
- Solve iOS 14 Estimation of remaining issues, here’s how
- Fix the iOS 14 OTA fix by preparing for the update issue. Here’s how to do it
- Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13.7, How to do it [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG app hack: Activate outside the US in unsupported Series 5 and 4 countries without jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Like this post on Facebook