According to leaker Jon Prosser, Apple̵
“I’m told * something * happens on Apple’s website on Tuesday, September 8,” Prosser said Monday afternoon. “Between 9: 00-12: 00 EST,” the leak added.
I’m told that * something * happens on Apple’s website on Tuesday, September 8th.
Between 9: 00-12: 00 EST.
– Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser) September 1, 2020
Back on August 12, Prosser shared what he claims is a timeline for Apple’s product announcements this fall.
- Apple Watch and iPad: release of the week from September 7
- iPhone 12 event: the week starting October 12th
- Pre-orders on iPhone 12: the week starting October 12; shipping per week from 19 October
- iPhone 12 Pro: pre-order and delivery in November; no exact date mentioned
Prosser has been accurate in predicting the recent launch dates of Apple’s updated iMac and also the iPhone SE, but he had some big misses for WWDC and AirPower.
Japanese website Mac Otakara recently claimed that Apple may launch AirTags with the iPhone 12 this year, based on sources from a Chinese supplier. The website says that an Apple event is possibly planned in the second half of October.
No matter what happens, we know that Apple will soon launch new products as we approach the fall. Get your wallet ready, people.