As usual, Apple sprinkled facts, figures and statistics through the main theme today. Here are highlights from some of these calculations from the event, which was only held online from the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
Apple Watch and Fitness +
- The S6 SoC is the 6th generation Apple Watch.
- Apple introduced 8 new dials including the new Nike face, plus 4 new bands.
- Apple includes 0 USB chargers in the box with the latest Apple Watches.
- Apple’s new Fitness + service has 10 types of workouts.
- Fitness + has eight styles of music to choose from, plus Apple Music integration.
8th generation iPad and iPad Air
- Apple has sold 500 million iPads
- 53% of iPad users are first-time users.
- The iPad has been number 1
- The 8th generation iPad has:
- A 10.2 ”screen
- An A12 SoC is 40% faster than its predecessor
- Graphics performance that is 2x faster than its predecessor
- Performs 2x faster than a Windows laptop, 3x faster than an Android tablet and 6x faster than a Chromebook
- A neural motor that processes 5 trillion operations per second
- The iPad Air has:
- A 10.9-inch screen with 2360 x 1640 resolution for 3.8 million pixels
- A chip built with 5 nanometer technology
- 11.8 billion transistors on 6-core A14 SoC, a 40% increase
- A 16-core neural engine capable of 11 trillion operations per second
You can follow all our September event coverage through our hub in September 2020, or subscribe to the dedicated RSS feed.
Unlock MacStories extensions
Club MacStories offers exclusive access to additional MacStories content, delivered weekly; it is also a way to support us directly.
Club MacStories helps you discover the best apps for your devices and get the most out of your iPhone, iPad and Mac. It also gives you access to advanced iOS shortcuts, tips and tricks and much more.
From $ 5 / month, with an annual option available.
Join the club.
Club MacStories membership includes:
- MacStories Weekly newsletter, delivered weekly on Friday with app collections, tips, iOS workflows and more;
- MacStories disconnected podcast, published monthly with discussions about what we work on and more;
- Monthly log newsletters, delivered once a month with behind-the-scenes stories, app notes, personal magazines and more;
- Access for occasional gifts, discounts and free downloads.