Open Door Networks, Inc.
"Best iPad Reference App" – The App Store Editorial. The Art Authority for iPad transports you to a breathtaking art museum in the real world filled with works by over 1500 of the world's western artists, from ancient times to today. 100,000 paintings and sculptures, organized in eight period-specific rooms, each room a gateway to an entire museum's art value. Choose an artist for movement or name, and be instantly immersed in an exhibition dedicated to that artist. Search for and compare the work of different artists by title, subject, or location, or just walk randomly and get lost in art.
"An experience that is no other" ̵
Does something really catch your eye? Buy a museum-approved reproduction and take it home with you!
"Visually dazzling" – MacObserver. There are period charts, timelines, stories and videos. From the earliest creative works to the latest modern and modern works, the Art Authority provides a stunningly displayed, carefully selected, well-organized view of the Western art world. There are partly world-class art museums, part academic reference library and some digital coffee table. There is also some magic. An art museum like no other!
Art Authority features include:
– Access to artificial gigabytes optimized for quality and download speed through our servers (work still under copyright comes from authorized servers)
– Early, Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic, Impressionist, Modern , Modern and American Rooms
– Dozens of Artists per Room, Listed by Movement or Nationality
– Period Overview, Timelines and Stories
– A searchable index for all 1500+ artists as well as for each room
– Searchable indexes of main titles, topics and locations
– Art Real Size: see and understand instant real size of works
– Art Like This: view works similar to the one you look at
– Art Near Me: search for art based on your location
– Shuffle: Continuous random display of all art, or by period or genre
– Captions with work title, date, pray apartment and other details
– Hyperlinks provide access to in-d epth information about artists, larger works and locations
– Access to videos on hundreds of works
– Full-screen screen, with user-adjustable transitions, Ken Burns motion effect, music
– Gallery-like scrolling thumbnail display shows how works have evolved over time, aids for comparisons and exploration
– Disconnected access to works previously seen
– Save works in Favorites or Images app
– Share work through social networks, mail and AirDrop
– Search for artists, locations, periods and previously viewed titles directly through SpotLight
– Buy framed, museum-approved reproductions from 1000Museums.com
Also available for the iPhone and Macintosh, and through the Art Channel on Apple TV.