Bookends is a full-featured bibliography / reference and information management system for students and professionals.
- Bookends uses the cloud to sync reference libraries on all the Macs you use . Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel Nisus Writer Pro or MS Word (including Word 2016): Bookends allow you to scan existing files and automatically generate finished scripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages '08, '09, and 5, Manuscripts.app, and LibreOffice / OpenOffice 4 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
- Bookends allow you to share your references with the Internet with anyone , on any platform. And with bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- a browser to download references with PDF and / or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can find articles as soon as they are published. Bookends allow for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, virtual groups, and smart folders as well as tag clouds that make hierarchical searches easy.
- Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from
- PDFs and the information instantly accessible in notecards.
Easily migrate references and attachments from other reference managers to. Bookends
- Sync your library with Bookends for iOS on your iOS devices, so that you have your references and PDFs with you wherever you are. [1
- Bookends code is hardened and notarized
- This is a preparation for the upcoming macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Embed links to web pages in formatted references:
- This is controlled by the format by the use of punctuation – see the section on formatting in the User Guide for details. Embedding links to external web pages works with Microsoft Word 2016 (version 15.x) or later and Nisus Writer Pro. It does not work with Mellel at this time. It will not work with Pages or LibreOffice
- Global Change -> Standardize Journal Names:
- You can choose to have all journal names found in the glossary changed to the short name (eg J. Biol. Chem.) Or the full name (eg Journal of Biological Chemistry), and / or have periods removed (eg J Biol Chem ). It is not necessary to have the same journal name identical in all corresponding references because the glossary will substitute the required form at the time of formatting. Updated database engine
- Refs -> OpenURL Search will display the results in the library window browser view (lower pane)
- This makes it easier to click through links to a PDF and then attach it to the reference. Previously Bookends opened the results in an external browser
- Bibliographies in Word can contain colored text
- The "show thumbnails" in the PDF viewer will stick when moving between references that do and don't have PDF attachments
- Bookends will move to a format file for the Custom Formats folder and enable it when you drop it on a library or double click on it
- When using Biblio-> Bibliography and sending the output directly to disk, the suggested file name will include the name of the format (eg Bibliography (Turabian) .rtf "
- Bug fixes
- In full screen view where the live search field showed inappropriately when a PDF was on display.
- PDF lock icon could be
- Scanning of BibTeX citations
- Using smart caps SURNAME for formatting
- In QuickAdd that caused searches for ISBNs with hyphens to fail.
- Hanging indent settings to be ignored when the b ibliography contained colored text
- The OK button was not enabled when renaming a static group.
- Deleting references from a group where Bookends would mistakenly offer to delete them from the library.
- A crash in Bookends Browser when checking DOIs with CrossRef
- An error when searching for a unique id in the Find window
- OS X 10.10 or later
Download Now ]]