watchOS 7 provides several enhancements and new features such as hand washing, family setup, sleep tracking and more. Unfortunately, some users are unable to install this update, so they are missing out on these great highlights. But do not worry, as the effective solutions listed below will help you solve the failed download and installation issues on watchOS 7. Take a look.
- Check compatibility before updating
- Perform the basic checks
- Try updating after restarting Apple Watch and iPhone
- Free up space on the Apple Watch
- Delete the update file and try again
- Disconnect the Apple Watch
. Check compatibility before updating
The primary step before proceeding is to make sure whether the Apple Watch officially supports watchOS 7 or not.
If you rock one Apple Watch Series 3, Series 4 and Series 5, you can update to the latest operating system.
The latest Apple Watch Series 6 and SE are already pre-installed with watchOS 7. But if you are having trouble installing the next version of watchOS 7 as 7.1, this guide will be useful for that as well.
2. Perform the basic checks
Now, before we move on, it is important to satisfy some conditions.
- The Apple Watch battery must be at least 50%.
- Connect iPhone and watch a stable Wi-Fi. If your network is too slow, consider restarting your router. Do not forget to disable VPN.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Update your iPhone to ensure perfect harmony.
3. Try updating again after restarting your Apple Watch and iPhone
In several posts, we often mention that rebooting is one of the easiest and (almost) safe ways to fix multiple software problems.
To restart the Apple Watch, press the Side button and drag the POWER OFF slider to the right. After one minute, press the same button to turn it on.
To restart the paired iPhone, use the power button (s) as you normally would.
After this, try updating your laptop. You can do it right from the Settings app on Apple Watch or use the Watch app on the accompanying iPhone.
4. Free up space on the Apple Watch
Just as you must have a certain amount of free space to update your iPhone, you also follow Watch the same rule.
If you are unable to install watchOS 7, which is a major generational update, consider freeing up some space. Once you have done that, restart your devices and try updating again.
5. Delete the update file and try again
- To open See app on the paired iPhone and make sure you are in My watch category.
- Press General → Use → Software update and delete the downloaded update file.
- Restart the devices.
- To open See app → General → Software update to download and install watchOS 7.
6. Disconnect the Apple Watch
Finally, if nothing works for you, disconnect the watch from your iPhone from the ultimate solution. After that, complete the installation process. You can choose to recover from the original copy.
Once everything is set, follow the update process again and you should be able to get watchOS 7 successfully.
Apple Watch is the perfect blend of technology and lifestyle product, wrapped in a small form factor that sits on your wrist. I hope this guide helped you solve the problem and now you are using watchOS 7 with its new features. Feel free to take your opinion in the comments section below.
We have many useful related resources that will help you know more about the watch you own. Take a moment and check them out.