OWC launches the first hub to expand the connectivity of a Thunderbolt 4 PC
For the first time ever, OWC’s Thunderbolt Hub gives you the extra Thunderbolt ports you’ve wanted. Connect more, show more and charge more with this new Thunderbolt 4 solution.
The OWC Thunderbolt Hub expands the number of Thunderbolt ports available on your Thunderbolt 4 PC. Through one single Thunderbolt 4-portyou can connect and charge almost anything with this compact hub. Two 4K monitors (or a single 5K, 6K or 8K monitor), high-performance storage (including NVMe solutions), A / V mixers, phones and tablets, and even desktop accessories such as a keyboard or mouse are fair play. Accessories with previous, current or future USB or Thunderbolt interfaces … all connect to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub.
- All the Thunderbolt you’ve always wanted: For the first time ever, you can add more full-speed, fully functional Thunderbolt ports to your computer
- Connect everything: Same device compatibility and performance, whether connected to the hub or directly to your computer
- Manage multiple devices: Connect storage, two 4K monitors or a 5K / 6K / 8K monitor, more accessories you name it, you can use it
- Revolutionary development: New multi-port accessory architecture reinvents the daisy chain and allows more bus-powered devices
- Powerful abilities: Thunderbolt 4 Host Sport keeps laptops powered and charged
- Adjustable LED: Customize lighting for your unique work setting
- Built-in security: Kensington Nano Security Slot ™ for anti-theft cables
- OWC ClingOn ™ ready: Cable stabilizer prevents work interruptions and data loss
- Independently tested and Intel Thunderbolt certified for Windows
The OWC Thunderbolt 4 Hub expands the number of Thunderbolt ports available on your Thunderbolt 4 PC. #getthunderbolt # thunderbolt3 # thunderbolt4 Click to Tweet
“As a leader in Thunderbolt integration and accessories, OWC is proud to lead the market and offer our first Thunderbolt 4 hub for the new 11th generation Intel® Core pros processor-based PCs.” said Larry O’Connor, CEO and founder of OWC. “In addition to giving users the ability to expand the number of Thunderbolt ports they have access to, the new ability to create separate chains and connect multiple devices from individual data ports will revolutionize workflows.”
Daisy Chain Away
Daisy chains can be complex. Previously, the removal of any device other than the last one in a daisy chain caused all the devices not to be used until the chain was re-established. OWC’s Thunderbolt Hub allows you to create your own accessory parking with multiple ports consisting of three “tree branch” chains, so you can remove devices from one chain without affecting or disconnecting the others. You can now connect multiple portable SSDs directly to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub to experience the fastest speed the storage device can deliver.
Prices and availability
The OWC Thunderbolt Hub is available for pre-order through MacSales.com for $ 149.00 and begins shipping in late October.
Related: Intel Introduces Thunderbolt 4: What is it and does it matter?