How to downgrade iOS 13.7 and iPadOS 13.7 to iOS 13.6.1 or iPadOS 13.6.1 on your compatible iPhone or iPad device.
Fortunately, the process is fairly simple, as long as you know what to do. Fear not though – we’ll show you exact what to do here.
Now that Apple has iOS 13.7 and available for download, there are probably many people out there who have updated, but then have to downgrade for some reason. It could be an incompatible app, or something completely different.
Whatever the reason, downgrading is a fairly simple process. This is how it goes.
Step 1: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or Mac if you are running something older than macOS Catalina. If you use macOS Catalina or later, you do not have to worry about iTunes. There are upgrades and downgrades of tasks handled by the Finder.
Step 2: You need to download the IPSW file for iOS / iPadOS 13.6.1 for iPhone or iPad that you need to downgrade. You can download it from here.
Step 3: Now you need to disable Find min. Pulls towards Settings> iCloud> Find min and turn the switch to the Off position. Enter the password associated with your Apple ID to authorize the action when prompted.
Step 4: Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Make sure iTunes is open on your pre-macOS Catalina Mac or your PC, or make sure a Finder window is open if you are running macOS Catalina or later. Put your device in DFU mode. We’ve covered it before, and all the guides are below.
Step 5: The iTunes or Finder app will ask if you want to restore the device when it is in DFU mode. Press and hold the Option key on a Mac or the Shift key on a PC and press Restore iPhone / iPad option.
Step 6: Next you need to tell your computer which IPSW file you want to use – this will be iOS / iPadOS 13.6.1 IPSW which you downloaded in the previous steps. Select that IPSW file and you will exit the race.
Step 7: Now iTunes or Finder will do all the work. Your device will restart a few times during the process, eventually allowing you to run a new installation of iOS 13.6.1 or iPadOS 13.6.1.
That’s it! You have now successfully rolled back to iOS 13.6.1 on your iPhone or iPad.
You may also want to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW links and install on iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW links, OTA profile and iPadOS 14 Beta 6 released
- Download iOS 14 Beta 6 profile file download without Dev account. Here’s how to do it
- Download: iOS 13.7 Final IPSW links, OTA profile update released with automatic COVID-19 alerts
- Jailbreak iOS 13.7 Using Checkra1n, here’s how to do it [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 to iOS 13.6, How to do it [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG app hack: Activate outside the US in unsupported Series 5 and 4 countries without jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Like this post on Facebook