Registered February 3, 2019
This way, this show was drafted on MyMac instead of being published … Sorry – This week Simon had problems with iCloud, Facebook and Google had problems with Apple, and Apple had problems with FaceTime. Serious criminals lose in the phone system's backbone to attack banks, governments keep trying to get into each other's conversations, and the thing's internet can be an even worse security threat than you ever thought. Meanwhile, guest Guy Serle of the MyMac podcast has problems with himself with some shelves. Apple's "horrible, horrible, not good, very bad quarter" may be down on estimates, but remains the second largest quarter they've ever had … but all bad news is all there is.
This way, this show was drafted on MyMac instead of being published … This week, Simon had problems with iCloud, Facebook and Google having problems with Apple, and Apple had problems with FaceTime. Serious criminals lose in the phone system's backbone to attack banks, governments keep trying to get into each other's conversations, and the thing's internet can be an even worse security threat than you ever thought. Meanwhile, guest Guy Serle of the MyMac podcast has problems with himself with some shelves. Apple's "horrible, horrible, not good, very bad quarter" may be down on estimates but remains the second largest quarter they've ever had … but over all the bad news is all there is.
GIVEAWAYS & OFFERS
- Ghostery has given us 1
- A happy listener can win a free entry to Dr. Mac's work environment for Mac users Video Course ( worth $ 500, and we also have a copy of the Working Smarter book to give away . As usual email email email@example.com with the topic Dr Mac and you will be drawn.
- Listeners of this show may require $ 10 of purchases of Luminar and / or Aurora HD 2019 use the coupon code EssentialApple at checkout for your extra discount!
Why not join the Slack community? You can now just click on this Slackroom Link to sign up and join the chat!
We can now also be found on Spotify, Soundcloud and even YouTube.
Listen to the show:https://pinecast.com/listen/9fce5539-bb0e-46ab-b352-72a5f11a3433.mp3
This and other episodes are available at:
iTunes | Overcast | Spotify | Soundcloud | YouTube | Google Play | Direct Download | RSS | Pinecast | Essential Apple | My Mac
At this week's show:
- Big cry out to Monica and Terry in Apple Support
- Simon and his iCloud issues
- Apple Reports $ 84.3 Billion Revenue for First Quarter 2019 after Historical Downward Revision – Venturebeat
- Apple Sorry, FaceTime Bug – MacRumors
- Smartphone Market's Tough Year – Tech.pinions
- Samsung edges Apple as smartphone woes continue with worldwide shipments down 4.9% in vacation quarter IDC
- Tim Cook is right: Why Differentiating Apple from Other Tech Giants is such a smart move – Forbes
- What Tim Cook knows that Facebook is not – Forbes
- Apple has patented a revolutionary new type of glass keyboard & # 39; – ShortList
- Facebook secretly pays users for full access to their data – Engadget
- Facebook to Shut Down Controversial iOS Market Research App MacRumors
- Apple forbids Facebook from running internal iOS apps by data abuse – Enadget
- Chaos is reportedly abruptly on Facebook, as employees find themselves unable to open the company's apps on their iPhones – Business Insider
- New report says Google also violated the App Store privacy rules – iMore
- Apple blocks Google from running its internal iOS applications – The Verge
- & # 39; Internet of Things & # 39; or & # 39; vulnerability to everything & # 39 ;? Japan will hack its own citizens to find out – CNN
- Cheap Internet stuff gadgets betray you after you throw them in the trash – TechCrunch
- Nightmare on Connected Home Street – Wired
- Criminals enter the telephone network backbone to empty bank accounts – Motherboards
- Collections # 2-5 were upgraded with 2.2 billion unique records now exposed online IT Pro
JUST A SNIPPET
For Things it's not worth more than a flypast
- Something to the future of Proton? – protondrive.com ProtonDrive: Secure Digital Storage
Nemo Hardware Store (38:36)
Essential Apple Recommended Services:
- Ghostery – protect yourself from tracking tracks, scripts and ads while browsing.
- 33mail.com – Never give out your real email address online again.
- Sudo – Get up to 9 "avatars" with email addresses, phone numbers and more to mask your online identity. Free for the first year and priced from $ 0.99 US / £ 2.50 per month thereafter …
- ProtonMail – End-to-end encrypted, open source, based in Switzerland. Prices start from FREE … what more can you ask?
- ProtonVPN – a VPN to go with it maybe? Prices also start from nothing!
- Fake Name Generator – So Much More Than Names! Create entire identities (free) with any information you may need.
- Wire – Free for personal use, open source and end up encrypted messenger and VoIP.
- Pinecast – a fabulous podcast hosting service with costs that start from nothing.
Essential Apple is not affiliated or paid to promote any of these services … We recommend services that we use ourselves and feel that they are unique or unique in their field, or in some cases just the best value for money in our opinion.
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
Twitter / Slack / EssentialApple.com / Spotify / Soundcloud / YouTube / Facebook / Pinecast
- Also a great SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we would not have half the stories we actually do – we all thank them for their contributions and dedication.
- You can always help us with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a small refund on everything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show so much and would like to make a regular donation, please join Patreon or use Pinecast Tips Jar (who accepts one-time or permanent donations )
- And a HUGE thanks to the patrons already doing.