Fil Juicer is a drag-and-drop box opener and computer archaeologist. The specialty is finding and extracting images, video, audio or text from files that are difficult to open in other ways. In computer forensics this is called carving.
It finds and extracts: JPEG, JP2, PNG, GIF, PDF, BMP, WMF, EMF, PICT, TIFF, Flash, ZIP, HTML, WAV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, MP3, AIFF, AU, WMV, or text from files that contain data in these formats.
Lossless recovery … File Juicer does not convert the images / sounds / videos it finds, but stores them unchanged in the original format if possible. (See the manual for details.) This is useful:
- To extract the images / sounds / videos from a PDF or Word document
- If you have old files, you can no longer open with current applications
- If you receive e-mail with attachments, you can not open
- If you have corrupt files or databases
- If you have damaged or accidentally deleted the digital camera flash card
- If you receive “self-extracting”[ads1]; EXE files designed for Windows
- Or if this is just faster than copying and pasting from the file
- New: extracts WebP image files (common in Chrome Cache). Saves both as Webp and as heic
- New: extracts heic files. The original photo format for iPhones.
- Updated locations: Russian thanks to Michael Krekin and French thanks to Ronald Leroux
- OS X 10.11 or later