It may be a strange day when you forgot your Apple Watch password, and finally disabled Watch after trying to enter it several times. Do not worry! We have your back. In this article I will show you that you can reset your Apple Watch password to erase all data and start from scratch or restore it from a backup.
How to reset your Apple Watch password after forgetting it
Before we proceed: Put the watch in charging mode and do not remove it until you have completed all the steps below.
- Press and hold the Page button. Leave it when you see Turn off Screen.
- Force press TURN OFF slider for a few seconds. After that, lift your finger.
- Press Delete all content and settings. Once the process is complete, you will need to set up your Apple Watch again.
To reset your Apple Watch password with your paired iPhone
- Hold the paired iPhone and Apple Watch tightly. Then open See app on iPhone.
- From My watch Press General → Reset.
- Press Delete Apple Watch content and settings. Confirm by pressing Delete all content and settings. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- 4. Let the process end. When done, you will need to set up your Apple Watch again.
Note: On the mobile model with an active plan, you may be asked to keep or remove your mobile plan. Be sure to keep it. If you do not want to pair the watch and iPhone, you can remove it.
Set up Apple Watch again
After resetting the clock using one of the methods above, you have two options. The first is to set it up completely as a new device. The second involves restoring from a previous backup. For most people, the latter is the way to go. We have a step-by-step guide that shows you how to restore your Apple Watch from a backup.
Note: If you see the activation lock screen during setup, enter your Apple ID and password.
This is what you need to do if you forget your Apple Watch password. I think this quick guide was helpful. If you have an additional question, please contact us via the comments section below.
You can also check out related posts: