Most years, buying an iPhone through Apple is pretty straightforward. You can either buy your new phone directly or sign up with the iPhone upgrade program. While the iPhone upgrade program works with your carrier, it usually meant waiving some of the promotional savings that operators would offer if you purchased the iPhone directly through them and their own financing options.
This year, things are very different, and Apple is offering all kinds of carrier promotions when you buy your new iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro through Apple.
For the iPhone 12, buying the device is still SIM-free, but it starts at $ 829 for the 64 GB configuration. If you activate it with your carrier, all four (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) offer an instant discount of $ 30 upon activation which will reduce the cost by $ 30.
Prime Day may have ended, but these 25 offers are still available now!
In addition, AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile / Sprint offer the following promotions:
- AT&T: Get iPhone 1
- Verizon: New customers can get iPhone 12 from $ 10.37 / month over 24 months after exchange. Existing customers can get the iPhone 12 from $ 14.95 / month over 24 months after exchange.
- T-Mobile: Get an additional $ 150 replacement credit from T – Mobile / Sprint with replacement of iPhone 8 or later.
iPhone 12 Pro
If you purchase a SIM-free version of the iPhone 12 Pro from Apple, your new iPhone starts at $ 999 for the 128 configuration. Although there is no $ 30 instant discount on the Carriers with the Pro model, each operator has their own offer on the iPhone 12 Pro:
- AT&T: Get iPhone 12 Pro from $ 6.64 / month over 30 months after swapping with AT&T. Get up to $ 800 in credit after eligible replacement of iPhone 8 or later, or up to $ 350 in credit after eligible replacement of iPhone 6s through iPhone 7 Plus.
- Verizon: New customers can get iPhone 12 from $ 18.70 / month over 24 months after exchange. Existing customers can get the iPhone 12 from $ 23.29 / month over 24 months after exchange.
- T-Mobile / Sprint: Get another $ 150 swap credit with a swap on iPhone 8 or later.
If you qualify for one of these offers, you need to check the details of the offer to understand what you need to do to receive it. For example, the AT&T exchange offer requires that you exchange your old iPhone for AT&T directly, so Apple asks you to select “No” when it asks if you have an exchange while buying your new iPhone on the website. The company has done a great job of guiding you through the promotion process, so just be sure to follow the instructions.
We can earn a commission on purchases using our links. Learn more.