Like this app? Be the first to add it to a collection!
Create a collection by collecting complementary apps that share a common theme or purpose, then share it and discover new collections!
Create a Collection
Highland is a powerful, easy script authoring app. With Highland, creating a perfectly formatted script is as easy as writing an email. Just write. Highland will make it look good.
Created by acclaimed screenwriter John August (Big Fish, Frankenweenie), Highland's magic works on plain text so you can focus on the authorship. "The old apps force you to do all the formatting. They feel like relics from another time ̵
- Write script in clear text. The fountain format is simple and future-proof.
- Edit and save FDX files even if you do not have Final Draft.
- Preview, print, and export perfectly formatted PDFs.
- Melt script PDF files, make them editable again.
Note: Although the software is classified as free, it offers in-app purchases.
- Endnotes! Need to add a page, or cite your research? Not only are your numbers automatically numbered, they even link in PDF
- Checklist. Make a list? Does it check twice? Highland 2.6 makes it easier
- Title page images. We have adjusted how images work on title pages, making it easier to add a custom graphic or logo
- Watermarks. Need to add a single watermark to the document? Select Format> Insert Watermark
- PDF includes now working properly
- Improved drag and drop section headers in Navigator
- Themes popover has size to fit long custom theme names
- Document title no longer overlaps with text when toolbar is hidden
- Notes in the font dialog no longer cause extra line breaks
- Scene Header autocomplete should be much less aggressive
I bought the original Highland app and thought I could never write a script did. Highland 2 is a much more versatile writing app that you will find yourself using every day. Start by checking out their video ==> https://vimeo.com/254361080