قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Apple / How can I stop getting another email? – LifeSavvy

How can I stop getting another email? – LifeSavvy

  Postmarked mail, cut out of an email.

Is the mailbox often adorned with the mail of the previous tenants in your home or apartment? Here's how to get the wrong address out of the mailbox.

Forwarded mail sometimes slips through the cracks, and it only lasts for a certain amount of time. If the previous tenant did not change the address directly with a company, that email will arrive at the address that is file.

There are a few things you can do to try to prevent someone else's mail from being delivered to your mailbox. If one does not work, try the next one. However, there is no guaranteed way ̵

1; it often depends on your post office and carriers.

Return to Sender

Return to Sender is the best way to notify the party sending the incorrectly addressed record of its error. The idea behind writing "return to sender" on email addressed to someone who no longer lives at your address is not that the post office will stop delivering it, but that the sender will get it back and remove your address from their system. This doesn't always work, but it's worth taking a shot.

You can enter "return to sender" or "no longer at this address." If you cross the barcode, automated systems will alert someone to look at the record and, hopefully, see it delivered to the wrong address.

Of course, when you put the item back in the box, your carrier should see your note. With luck, he will get the hint and stop delivering mail addressed to that name to your home. However, carriers serve many homes, so it can be easy for them to forget.

If you are tired of carrying all this item just to carry it out again, you can Velcro with a pen in the mailbox. This makes it easier to write the note and leave the record there.

If you are dealing with a serious amount of email, you may want to use a large, clear, red ink stamp to rush through the pile. [19659006] Make a sign

The Postal Service often places a message in mailboxes with the last names of the persons receiving mail at that address. Carriers do not always check these when throwing predefined emails in the box.

However, you can lose a sign to your mailbox that says either the surname of the persons to whom the mail is to be delivered or the name of the former occupant whose mail is no longer to be delivered there.

Remove Your Address from Large Mailing Lists

If the mail you receive is a bunch of junk mail, such as flyers and directories, try to get the address removed from bulk mailing lists by reaching out to the Direct Marketing Association (DMA).

Register on their website to have more control over the mail coming to you.

Contact your postmaster

If none of the above has worked, contact your postmaster and let him know about the problem you are having. You can call or go to the post office that serves your address. If you have any of the misdirected records with you, you can show them the problem.

The postmaster wants the post to come to the right person as much as you want it to stop coming to you. They may have some more suggestions for you to reach out with forms and phone calls to the places that send the email.

What Not To Do

  Trash bin full of crumpled and scattered paper.
Y Photo Studio / Shutterstock

It's frustrating enough when your mailbox is full of things addressed to you that you don't want, let alone someone else's email. However, fight the urge you may have to open or garbage it. Here are some things you shouldn't do:

  • Don't open it. Even when the mail is delivered to your address, if it does not have your name, it is illegal to open it.
  • Do not fill out a change of address form. If the former resident had not forwarded the record, you cannot do so for him. A change of address is also only good for one year of priority mail and first-class mail, and 60 days on things like magazines. If he moved more than a year ago, his address change already expired. However, your postmaster can fill out a form to forward email to past tenants. If you have their new address, you can take it to the post office and send a request with your local postmaster.
  • Don't throw it. While it may be tempting, wasting someone else's e-mail is the same as destroying it, which is also illegal. If you discard it, you will continue to receive their email. Instead, follow the "return to sender" instructions and return it to the mail or drop it at the post office.

Mail is difficult to handle. If in doubt, take it to the post office or take your carrier while she's out delivering. If the mail is to a former roommate or significant other, you may be tempted to deliver it to them by hand. It is still a better idea to go the route "back to sender" and have your postmaster ensure that future mail goes to the correct address.

Source link