Have you already bought a Mac, but have now decided that you want to protect it with AppleCare? Keep reading for how to add coverage to your Mac
60 days one year purchase, even if you did not buy it from Apple.
AppleCare coverage is offered when you purchase a Mac from Apple on the website and in stores, but you can also add it over time. Even if you did not purchase your Mac from Apple, you can extend the warranty to three years and add physical damage protection the first year you originally purchased (Apple has not updated the site and documents yet, but it is now one year instead of 60 days) .
Your Mac must be in normal working condition and not damaged to add AppleCare. We̵
If you choose to add AppleCare online or by phone, you must have your serial number available (handy → About this Mac). AppleCare for Mac desktops starts at $ 99, while coverage for Mac laptops starts at $ 249. Read more about AppleCare for Mac here.
How to add AppleCare to your Mac after purchase
- Go to the Apple add AppleCare website
- Select Mac Desktops or Mac Notepads, then enter the serial number or sign in with your Apple ID
- Follow the instructions to purchase AppleCare within 60 days of purchasing your Mac (you need to complete an external diagnostic)
Over the phone
- Have proof of purchase available for your Mac
- Call Apple Support at 800.275.2273 (800.APL.CARE)
- Request to add AppleCare to your Mac (you need to complete an external diagnostic)
- Go to an Apple Store with your Mac
- You must complete a visual inspection and have proof of purchase
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We automatically use affiliate links for revenue. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: