With over 60 million songs, Apple Music is undoubtedly an excellent service. But if you plan to use another streaming service or do not listen much, you can cancel your subscription and stop paying for premium. Check out this step-by-step guide and learn how to unsubscribe from the Apple Music subscription.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on iPhone or iPad
Pro Tips: Click this Apple link to skip the first three steps below.
- To open Settings app and press your name from the top.
- Press iTunes & App Store. (If you see Subscriptions, tap it and go directly to step 4.)
- Press your apple ID → Show Apple ID → confirm via Face ID or enter your Apple ID password → scroll down and press Subscriptions.
- Press Apple Music subscription. Tap on the next screen Cancel the subscription and confirm.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on Apple Watch
- Press Digital Crown and press App Store icon from the bubble of apps.
- Scroll down and press Contours.
- Press Subscriptions.
- Press Apple Music subscription → scroll down and press Cancel the subscription.
How to cancel your Apple Music subscription on Mac
- click on Apple logo → App Store.
- Click on the top menu bar shop → View my account → View information. Log in if prompted.
- Scroll down and click Achieve next to Subscriptions.
- click on Edit next to the Apple Music subscription.
- Finally, click Cancel the subscription and confirm the action.
If you want to use the Music app, the TV app or iTunes, open the desired app and from the top menu bar click Accounting → View my account → Achieve next to Subscriptions.
Finally, to cancel a subscription from Mac’s System Preferences, click apple ID → Media and purchases → Achieve next to Subscriptions. It opens the page in the App Store.
To unsubscribe from Apple Music on Apple TV
If you have a 4th generation Apple TV or later (HD and 4K), you can use it to cancel your subscriptions. On Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier, you can not do that and must use an iPhone, iPad or computer.
- Inside Settings app, select Users and accounts, and select your account.
- Select Subscription.
- Select Apple Music, then select Cancel the subscription.
How to cancel an Apple Music subscription on Android phone
- Open the Apple Music app and tap on the top right menu button → Account.
- Press Manage membership.
- You will see the details of your Apple Music subscription. Press Cancel the subscription.
To unsubscribe from Apple Music using iTunes on Windows PC
The procedure for canceling a subscription via PC is almost the same as iTunes on Mac.
- Open iTunes. If you do not have it, you can download it from the Microsoft Store or Apple website.
- Click on the top menu bar Accounting → View my account. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
- click on View account.
- click on Achieve, next to Subscriptions.
- click on Edit next to Apple Music and finally click Cancel the subscription.
To unsubscribe from Apple Music via your browser
- Visit music.apple.com using a web browser. click on sign in from the upper right corner.
- Once logged in, click Accounting button → Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click next to Subscriptions Achieve.
- Then click Cancel the subscription and confirm.
What happens when you cancel your Apple Music subscription?
- You will not be able to listen to any Apple Music track, not even those downloaded offline.
- After a while (around 30 days), all the playlists you created and the songs you added may be permanently removed from your account.
- After cancellation, you may be able to use it until the end of your billing period. However, if it is a free trial, you may lose access immediately.
- You can continue listening and downloading songs and albums you have purchased through the iTunes Store.
- If you use Apple Music on multiple devices, you only need to cancel it from one. It will be automatically removed from all your devices.
- Unless you subscribe separately to iTunes Match, you will not be able to stream the songs you added (uploaded) to Apple Music from your computer (like old tracks torn from CDs or downloaded elsewhere).
Note: iTunes Match is available for free with an Apple Music subscription.
How to unsubscribe from Apple Music. Are you on a ‘money-saving cancellation’? Do you want to drop any other subscriptions? If so, here’s our quick guide on how to cancel your Apple Arcade and Netflix subscriptions.
You can also check out related posts:
We can earn commissions when you buy the product via links on our website.