How to properly install iOS 14 final release via Finder and iTunes properly on your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device.
With the advent of iOS 14, which is now available for public download for the first time, many people want to get hold of the very latest software that Apple has to offer. We know that iOS 14 is a great update, and it has a lot to offer, but we also know that upgrading from an older version of iOS can still cause some issues.
What you need to do is reinstall iOS 14 on your iPhone. Before we begin, make sure you have a full backup of your iPhone. You know, just in case.
This guide assumes that you are running macOS Catalina or later. If you use a PC, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.
Step 1: First you need to download the correct IPSW file corresponding to the iPhone on which you are installing iOS 14. You can download the required IPSW file from here: Download iOS 14 Final IPSW links, OTA profile file together with iPadOS 14
Step 3: Go to iPhone on iPhone Settings> iCloud> Find min. Make sure you set the switch to the OFF position.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC or Mac. If iTunes was not open, it would probably start. If not, start it manually if it is not already running.
Step 5: Select the connected device from the interface. This takes you to the current device in the iTunes software and gives you access to new features. Mac users should click the Finder icon and select iPhone in the sidebar.
Step 6: You need to perform a manual recovery instead of a standard recovery. This means holding down EVERYTHING on a Mac or SHIFT on a Windows PC, followed by clicking Recover Iphone… button. Browse to the desired IPSW file when prompted.
That should be all you need to do. Finder or iTunes will then install iOS 14 on the iPhone.
When the iPhone restarts a few times, you’re done! Now is the time to enjoy all that iOS 14 has to offer.
You may also want to check out:
- How to fix bad iOS 14 battery life [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 final IPSW links, OTA profile file along with iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Status update for iPhone and iPad
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final compatibility for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW links and install on iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 update requested fixed issue on iPhone and iPad, this is it
- Solve iOS 14 Estimation of remaining issues, here’s how
- Fix the iOS 14 OTA fix by preparing for the update issue, this is it
- Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13.7, How to do it [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG app hack: Activate outside the US in unsupported Series 5 and 4 countries without jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Like this post on Facebook