Do you want reverse screen colors on your Mac? Read on in three ways to turn on this accessibility feature.
Conversely, the colors on the screen give greater visibility to some users, especially with low or reduced vision. However, you can also use inverted colors for a variety of other reasons, such as viewing web pages with a dark theme.
How to convert screen colors on Mac
- Enable Siri by either clicking the icon in the top right of the menu bar by tapping the Siri icon on MacBook Pro computers with a touchline or using "Hey Siri "on compatible Macs
- Say a command like" invert the color of my screen [1
- Use the keyboard shortcut command + option + control + 8
- If that doesn't work, go to System Settings → Keyboard → Shortcuts → Availability → Invert Colors and check the box next to it
- You should be all set to use the hot key shortcut
- You can also turn the function on and off manually by pressing until System Preferences → Accessibility → Display → Inverter Colo rs
Read more about accessibility shortcuts on the Mac on Apple's support document here.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, see our tutorial and the following articles:
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: