Whether you're trying to sell your Mac or want to find out if it's compatible with the latest software update, it's quick and easy to find out which Mac model you have.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
A blend of different clues like notebook / desktops, hardware features, designs and several different Macs. But if you are not familiar with the different attributes, a few quick clicks will show which Mac model you have.
How to determine which Mac model you have
- On Mac, click in the upper left corner
- Select About This Mac
- Your Mac Model Will Be shown just below the software version you are running.
Here's how the process looks like:
Now you should see your Mac model as shown in the image below:
If you can not turn on your Mac, you can find the model number at the bottom of the MacBook or at the bottom of the iMac standard (eg A1707). You can then do a quick google search for "Mac A1707 Specifications" to find out which Mac model you have.
For more information on how to find the serial number and model for other Apple devices here.
For more help to make the most of your Apple devices, see our guide and the following articles:
- How to delete Apple Watch Apps
- How to Find Out Which iPad Model You Have
- How To Disable Automatic Watching Fitness Equipment On Apple Watch
- How To Measure The Height With iPhone
- How to Check Apple Watch Battery Consumption Statistics
- How to Force Completion of Apple Watch Apps
- Apple Watch: How to enable Fall Detection ] How to use a handset with iPhone XS Max
- Apple Watch: How to Turn Off Haptic Crown
- iPhone and iPad: How to Set Up Bedtime on iOS and Get More Sleep
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple News: