Malwarebytes for Mac is a popular and respected anti-malware tool for Mac that can help remove a Mac for malware, software and viruses. Although users can follow some simple tips to protect a Mac from viruses and Trojans, and MacOS is fairly secure in terms of malware, junk and adware, many Mac users often ask how they can scan their Mac for adware or viruses . For those who have concerns about malware on a Mac, the Malwarebytes app to scan and remove a Mac can give you extra security.
This article will show you how to install Malwarebytes on a Mac and how to use the free version to scan and clean a Mac for threats.
Note this tutorial will use the free tier of the Malwarebytes app, which has the ability to scan and clean all detected infections from a Mac. If you feel that you want or need increased security to proactively protect a Mac from further threats, feel free to try the paid version on your own.
How to install Malwarebytes Malware Scanner on Mac to clean malware, viruses, adware, etc.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac for free from https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac-download/ strong19659007] Go to the user's download folder and open the "Malwarebytes" package installer
- On Malwarebytes installation screen, select Continue and read through the release notes and 1945 terms and conditions to scan and remove Malware "width =" 610 "height =" 458 "class =" aligncenter size-large wp-image-88189 "srcset =" http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019 /08/howto-install-malwarebytes-mac-scan-malware-2-610×458.jpg 610w, http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/howto-install-malwarebytes-mac- scan-malware-2-300×225.jpg 300w, http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/howto -install-malwarebytes-mac-scan-malware-2-768×577.jpg 768w, http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/howto-install-malwarebytes-mac-scan-malware- 2-900×676.jpg 900w, http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/howto-install-malwarebytes-mac-scan-malware-2.jpg 1464w "sizes =" (max- width: 610px) 100vw, 610px "/>
- Select the drive you want to install Malwarebytes on, this is probably the primary boot drive called" Macintosh HD "
- Authenticate the installer to let Malwarebytes complete the installation
- In a moment you will be presented with a screen asking where to install Malwarebytes, either Personal / Home or Work
- On the Malwarebytes application screen, select "Scan" to scan the Mac right away for any threats
- If any threats or garbage is found, Malwarebytes will report it to you on the next screen, otherwise you will see a screen that says the Mac is clean and clear
 On the next screen, select "No thanks, I just want to scan" (or sign up for the 14 day free trial if you want try out the fully paid version)
As mentioned before, we use the free version here to just scan and clean a Mac (assuming malware, bad junk or unwanted stuff is found), but you are absolutely free to try out the full 14 day trial, or sign up for the full paid service and unlock the other features of the Malwarebytes app.  If you are happy that your Mac is being cleaned and scanned, you can quickly uninstall Malwarebytes from the Mac just by opening the app and dragging down the "Help" menu and selecting "Uninstall Malwarebytes" and following the on-screen steps.
To be perfectly clear, we have no relationship with Malwarebytes, we only use the tool ourselves to scan Macs to scan for junkware if the need arises either on our own hardware or some other (even back when the app was called AdwareMedic). We also get lots of emails from people asking "how can I scan my Mac for viruses and malware?" and "how can I clean my Mac from adware or viruses?" so these questions are common. Generally speaking, a well-secured Mac that regularly has up-to-date system software and apps, and some user savviness – including following some simple tips to secure a Mac from malware and viruses such as not downloading sketchy stuff from unreliable dubious websites and not installing a web browser plugins – are enough to prevent Macs from finding malware, junkware, adware, ransomeware or other malicious things on the Mac, but infections can still happen.
If you have comments or specific experiences with Malwarebytes for Mac malware and virus scanning, or thoughts or tips on using similar tools and security measures for scanning, cleaning, and protecting a Mac from problems, share us in the comments below !