My new Apple Watch just got in the mail, and since I never owned one before, I have to learn how to set up and connect my watch to my iPhone. If you are wondering how to get your Apple Watch work too, read on to learn how to get your iPhone ready for mating, how to turn on Apple Watch and sync it with your phone, how to set up your watch, customize your settings , and select features and apps for the new device. Let's open these Apple Watch boxes and get started!
Related: How to set up and use the ECG function on Apple Watch
Attach Apple Watch Band
The Apple Watch band is quite easy to attach; The side of the band of text goes towards your wrist. Gently slide each side of the band into the slots on the top and bottom of the watch until you hear a click. If you have to force something, you make it wrong.
How to turn on Apple Watch
When your watch band is on, watch Apple Watch. Press and hold the Page button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Get your iPhone ready to connect to your Apple watch
Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone if it hasn't already opened the Settings app, then:
- Tap Bluetooth in the Settings menu.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
Also make sure your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network:
How to connect your Apple watch for your iPhone
You will see a prompt on Apple Watch as the one below:
- When you take your phone and look at each other, the iPhone will give tell you it's ready to help you configure Apple Watch. click Continue.
- Next, you are led to get your watch on the iPhone camera's viewfinder.
- I'm told Apple Watch has been successfully paired. tap Set up Apple Watch.
- A message as shown below on the screen; You are almost ready to start putting your watch.
How to set up your Apple watch
- When Apple Watch is ready to be configured will see a page of terms and conditions; click Agree at the bottom right of the screen.
- You have to wait a few minutes while Apple Watch is logged on.
- If you are going to use Apple Watch to track workouts (and most do), press Enable Route Tracking.
- Then click OK to share your settings with your Apple Watch.
- Then you have the opportunity to create a password. I went with the standard four-digit version, but you can make a longer one if you want or skip it altogether (not recommended).
- Then you will be guided through the steps to configure the goals for activity app.
- You also get the opportunity to set up Apple Pay on your watch.
- Now you can choose to install all Apple Watch compatible apps available on iPhone on Apple Watch, or decline and select your apps later. 19659038]
Apple's Watch & Activity Apps on your iPhone
You will see two new apps on the iPhone; Apple Watch app and activity app. When you open the Apple Watch app, you can choose your view's face, customize alerts, change settings such as brightness and text size, and decide which third-party apps you want to download on your watch. This app is also where you can find the Apple Store App Store.
Your activity app has all the data collected from Apple Watch about your movement during the day and lets you see the training history and prizes, and share your activity with friends.