Do you want to switch Do Not Disturb mode on Mac with a hot key? You can easily enable a custom hotkey to turn on or off Do not disturb mode in MacOS and we will show you how to configure it.
Don't Disturb Mode on Mac is one of the best features you can use to focus on a task and not be distracted by the countless endless alerts and alerts that appear on the Mac. Activating and deactivating the feature with a hotkey gives you a quick way to turn the feature on or off as quickly as possible and at any time.
How to disable keyboard shortcut on Mac
To switch Do not disturb or disable using keyboard shortcut on Mac, you need to enable a hotkey for it first. Here's how:
- Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences"
- Go to "Keyboard" and then select the "Shortcuts" tab
- Select "Mission Management" from the shortcuts  Find "Do Not disable on / off and check that it is marked to be enabled
- Click directly to the right of "Do not disturb on / off" then press a hotkey combination to set as Do not disturb hotkey shortcut
In the example here, the keystroke combination SHIFT FN F10 was set as the keyboard shortcut to enable and disable the Do Not Disturb mode.
You can specify which keyboard shortcut you want for this purpose, just make sure it is unique and does not overlap with another keystroke combination or feature. Using modifier keys such as Shift, Option, Control, UN can be an easy way to avoid conflict with other Mac hotkeys. Whether the UN SHIFT F10 works for your particular situation, will depend on your individual Mac setup.
How not to switch on or off with the keyboard shortcut on Mac
When the switch keyboard shortcut does not interfere with mode enabled, you can use it at any time by pressing the keystroke combination you specify in the steps above. In the example here it will be to press SHIFT FN F10, so the function will be as follows:
- Press SHIFT FN F10 to activate Do not disturb mode immediately
- Press SHIFT FN F10 to disable Do not disturb mode immediately  When no disturbance mode is on, not all alerts and alerts appear on the Mac, but they will still be in the notification center.
When not disturbed mode is turned off, all alerts and alerts will come to Mac as usual, appearing as pop-up alerts at the top right of the screen.
Do not disturb mode is one of the most useful features available on Mac and on the IOS side of things as well, if you do not use interference mode on the iPhone and iPad, you can get some peace and quiet while on the go as well .
If you find yourself switching this feature often, you may want to set a Do Not Disturb schedule on your Mac so that it will automatically be activated when you choose it. And if you don't like the annoying alerts at all, you can precede all messages on your Mac by setting Non-Disruptive mode forever to be enabled by a scheduling trick, making your Mac never be bad of alerts and alerts from everything under the sun.