A re-match can bring drama in a big time as fans look for a reprise, or revenge, of a classic match. How about a rematch that almost no one saw? It describes the Main Event this weekend, where two expert Flyweights meet with the title of the line. You can stream the action live with Shevchenko vs. Carmouche 2 in UFC Fight Night exclusively on ESPN +.
UFC Fight Night Shevchenko vs. Carmouche 2 broadcasts directly from Antel Arena in Montevideo, Uruguay on Saturday, August 1
Credit: @UFC on Twitter
Valentina "Bullet" Shevchenko (17-3) dares to put her UFC Flyweight championship on the line against the only fighter that stops her. Shevchenko has just three losses, and the two against Bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes both went the distance for decisions. In 2010, in a match set up by a local promoter, Shevchenko TKOed by Carmouche when a doctor stopped the fight due to a bloody eye. No video of that fight exists online, but Brett Okamoto of ESPN has a great oral story that night, including interviews with both fighters. Shevchenko has a strong background in kick boxing before moving on to Muay Thai and Taekwondo, so expect to see her superior striking skills on display Saturday.
Liz "Girl-Rilla" Carmouche (13-6) is the # 3 ranked Flyweight fighter who has taken another path to this elite level. As most fighters developed their amateur skills, Carmouche served in the U.S. Marine Corps after growing up at a military base in Okinawa, Japan. She gradually developed into a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu and a boxer. The boxing skills have served her well, and half of her career spills came with blows. Liz has had two title shots before, but she lost them both. Will the third time be the charm?
Do you think you're ready to become a UFC champion? Watch as Shevchenko learns his signature moves, safely from the outside of the octagon.
Here is the schedule for this UFC Fight Night:
- Prelims 5 p.m. Eastern on ESPN +
- Motherboard 8 p.m. Eastern on ESPN +
- Post Show: 11 p.m. on ESPN +
The rest of the card, which can always be changed, is as follows:
- Valentina Shevchenko (17-3) against Liz Carmouche (13-6)
- Vicente Luque (16-6 -1) vs. Mike Perry (13-4)
- Eduardo Garagorri (12-0) vs. Humberto Bandenay (14-6)
- Volkan Uzdemir (15-4) vs. Ilir Latifi (14-6)
- Rodolfo Vieira (5-0) vs. Oskar Piechota (11-1-1)
- Enrique Barzola, (16-4-1) vs. Bobby Moffett (14-4)
- Gilbert Burns, (15-3), vs. Alexey Kunchenko, (20-0)
- Ciryl Gane, (3-0), vs. Raphael Pessoa, (9-0)
- Tecia Torres, (10-4), against Marina Rodriguez, (11-0-1)
- Rogério Bontorin, (15-1), against Raulian Paiva, (18- 2)
- Geraldo de Freitas, (12 -4), vs. Chris Gutierrez, (13-3-1)
- Kazula Vargas, (10-2), vs. Alex da Silva Coelho, (20-2)
- Veronica Macedo, (5-3 -1), vs. Polyana Viana, (10-3)
ESPN + is the exclusive home of UFC pay-per-view events along with more exclusive Fight Nights like this one. ESPN + goes beyond the UFC with PFL MMA, Top Rank boxing, pro team sports including MLB, NHL and FC Cup, and major college sports including basketball, baseball, football and more.
The ESPN app is how you want to watch ESPN + anywhere you want. The ESPN app can be installed on the most popular devices, including major streaming platforms and game consoles such as Roku, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Apple TV. Or you can watch ESPN + on your TV by checking it with your phone using either Chromecast or AirPlay support.
ESPN + costs $ 5 a month, which includes lots of sports including many UFC fights. Try ESPN + with a 7-day free trial today, and it will include UFC Fight Night July 13 with Shevchenko vs. Carmouche 2 free of charge.
Register now for ESPN +
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.