Apple Watch Series 2 and newer models have a water repellent feature called Water Lock. It allows you to enjoy your time without water. Before engaging in water activity, turn on the Water Lock and turn it off and discard water from the Apple Watch after you finish. If you have not used it, this guide will give you a quick, useful tip.
What is the water trap mode on the Apple Watch?
It works to prevent your watch from acting as specific actions to avoid accidental taps and clicks when you are in the water. The feature is activated automatically when you start a water-based activity such as swimming and surfing.
Here are some points to note before you dive into the water.
- When your watch is under water, no features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the mobile network will be connected. Even if it̵
- You can shower with the Apple Watch, but remember not to expose it to soap, shampoo, creams or perfumes, as these can damage the waterproofing and the acoustic membranes.
- You should not use the Apple Watch while going on deep underwater activities such as diving and water skiing.
- If you use a stainless steel or leather strap, reconsider it before dipping, as they are not waterproof.
To turn on the water trap on the Apple Watch
- Swipe up from the bottom of the clock screen to open the control center.
- Scroll down and find the water drop icon.
- Press it to Turn on.
When enabled, you will see “Rotate Digital Crown to unlock and release water” the message on the screen.
To turn off the water trap and push out water from the Apple Watch
Turn the Digital Crown counterclockwise to deactivate the Water Lock. As soon as you turn the wheel, you will hear beeps and animation on the screen as water flows out of the Apple Watch speakers.
Isn’t that one of the coolest features of the Apple Watch? If you are a water sports lover, then it certainly is! What do you think about that? We would like to know your first experience using this feature! Share it with us in the comments section below!
You will also read these posts: