In iOS 14, the Photos app has some great new features. One of the new features is Effect Suggestions, and it uses intelligent suggestions to improve the quality of the photos you took with your iPhone camera. This new iOS feature helps you edit your photos for the best possible look. Effect Suggestions suggest photos that can be enhanced by adding a filter, adjusting the light, creating a loop, or using other effects available on the iPhone.
Related: How to create a slideshow in the iPhone Photos app
What are the power suggestions in the iPhone Photos app?
Effect suggestions are the filters and effects iOS 1
- To open The Photos app on iPhone.
- Press For you tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see Suggestions for effects. Don’t have a section called Effect Suggestions? See below.
- You will see more pictures to look through by swiping left or right.
- Once you have selected an image, you can see the type of effect applied to the image. Suggested effects are not permanent yet, but if you like the effect, you can choose to use it.
- Press to apply the suggested effect to that image Search for Original at the bottom of the screen.
Now that you know how to use the Effect Suggestions feature in iOS 14, you can elevate your photo editing game and enjoy the photos you take on iPhone even more!
Why do I not have suggestions for photos in my photos?
If your Photos app is open and you’re in the For You tab, but you’ve browsed through it and are unable to find Effect Suggestions, make sure your iPhone software is up to date with iOS 14.
- If you are not running a version of iOS 14, update iOS to the latest version and check the For tab again when it is complete.
- If your software is up to date and you still do not see a section called Effect Suggestions, you may not have any suggestions to view. Next time you take pictures of landscapes or action, check back!