Scribble, the handwriting feature of Apple Watch, lets you communicate with text rather than dictated or canned response. All you have to do is type words with your finger on the Scribble screen and they will automatically turn into text that you can send to someone via email, iMessages, chat rooms and more.
How to switch a word to an emoji using Scribble on Apple Watch
- Start an app from which you want to send a communication, such as Mail or Messages .
- Select call you want to answer or tap the screen to start a new message.
- Within the conversation, press Scribble .
- Write a word dealing with an emoji, such as "LOL", "Angry" or "Poop."
- Rotate Digital Crown to retrieve sayings.
- Select emoji you want to use in the sentence.
Send Send to send the communication.
Surely, you can just press on the emoji button instead of scribble, but if you try to send a sentence and want to include an emoji, this method makes it possible to do everything in one step.
Do you have more questions about Scribble in general or how to make emoji using Scribble, in particular? Please let us know in the comments and we will help you.
Updated July 2019: Updated for watchOS 5.