If you've ever struggled to get Hey Siri to listen to your wishes or wonder how to optimize Siri to meet your needs, then you've come to the right place. This tutorial will teach you how to configure and activate Siri on iPhone, AirPods and HomePod, and share tips and tricks to get the most out of features like Ask Siri and My Shortcuts. Read on to learn everything you've ever wanted to know about setting up, activating, and using Siri.
How to Use Siri Settings
Starting a route in Apple Maps to answer questions like how many grams are in a cup, Siri can handle many daily tasks, but only when Siri has been properly activated. In the Settings app, you can enable Hey Siri, switch Siri's voice, enable Siri to respond when iPhone is locked, and much more.
To enable Hey Siri and adjust other Siri settings:
- Open Settings app .
- Scroll down and select Siri & Search to open the Siri settings.
Shortcuts are automated actions that Siri should perform if you have created and saved a shortcut inside the shortcut app. With iOS 13, this setting has been moved from Siri settings to the Siri Shortcuts app. For iOS 12 users, this setting is still in the Siri & Search menu.
- If you previously created or enabled one or more Siri shortcuts on your device, see My Shortcuts at the top of the Siri & Search settings.
- Tapping on My shortcuts reveal a list of enabled shortcuts.
- Tapping Edit at the top right allows you to select shortcuts to delete from your active list.
- When you have finished editing the shortcuts, press Done to return to your Siri settings .