Having good sleep is important for physical, emotional and mental well-being. Improper sleep cycles can affect your mood, creativity and productivity, which is why the Sleep Schedule feature (called Bedtime in iOS 13 and 12) in iOS 14 is quite important. In this post, we’ve explained how to set up and use bedtime for sleep tracking on iPhone. Let’s learn about how it works and get the most out of this convenient option!
How do you know bedtime when you go to bed?
Between work, family, friends, smartphone, Netflix show, online shopping, we often shop on a steady sleep cycle. The bedtime feature is dedicated to improving your sleep.
After setting the bedtime and wake-up time, the Clock app will remind you to go to bed and wake you up when it̵
Note: Previous bedtime was in the Clock app on both iPhone and iPad. But with iOS 14, it’s now in the Health app. However, since the Health app is not present on the iPad, you will find this option in the Clock app on the latest iPadOS 14.
How to set up iPhone bedtime in iOS 14
- To open Health app and press Scroll through.
- Press Sleep.
- Press Got started → Next.
- During sleep measurements, it shows 8 hours by default. You can change it by pressing the minus (-) or plus (+) buttons. After this, press Next.
- Set your schedule. By default, all days are selected. Assume you do not want the alarm to ring on Saturday or Sunday (or any selected day), press the first (S) to cancel the selection. Then choose bedtime (when you want to be reminded to go to sleep) and wake up time. Pull the ends of the rotator to change the time. See the screenshot below.
Scroll to the bottom. The default options here are appropriate. But if necessary, you can change them – such as sound, snooze, etc. Finally, press Add Upper right.
- Review your settings. If you had excluded a few days (like Saturday, Sunday), you can too Add a schedule for other days. The steps are the same. Finally, press Next.
- Consequently, choose to Activate sleep mode or not.
- Read the description for Turn off and choose to enable it or not.
- You can choose to set up Wind down shortcuts. For this, press Set up shortcuts → select the desired shortcut (I like listening to Spotify before I fall asleep). Press Next.
After this, the lock screen will have a ‘Shortcuts’ button. When you press it, you can select the desired shortcut and go there directly. This eliminates the need to open the home screen and see app tags or alerts – things that will invite you to check them and interfere with your sleep.
- Finally, review the settings one last time and press Finished.
You have set the schedule for bedtime.
To turn on or off bedtime on iPhone
Do not want to spend bedtime permanently or temporarily for a few days? How to turn it on or off without any problems.
- To open Health app → Scroll through → Sleep.
- Touch the card that appears Full schedule and options.
- Turn off the switch for Sleep plan. Follow the same steps to turn it on again.
How to change the time or days for bedtime alarms
- To open Health app → Scroll through → Sleep.
- Press Full schedule and options card.
- Press Edit.
- Under Days active, press to select or deselect the days.
- Under Bedtime and waking up, drag the ends to configure bedtime and wake time.
- Press Finished to save the new changes.
How to customize the bedtime alarm
In iOS 14, the options are simplified. Everything is under proper tabs. All you have to do is Carefully read the alternative name, the text below it, and make changes as desired. Here are some tips on how to customize your sleep schedule on your iPhone.
- Start by starting Health app. Press Scroll through → Sleep.
- Tap the card for Full schedule and options. We have already seen how to change time, days or enable and disable sleep plan in the section above. So let’s scroll down and focus on extra details.
- Press Sleep goals to change it.
- Press Turn off to set it again as desired.
- Press Wind down shortcuts to add a new shortcut or remove an existing one.
- Press Options. All exchanges here are activated. These default settings are perfect for most people. However, you can read the text under each option and disable them if necessary.
How to check your sleep log
- To open Health app and press Scroll through. Then press Sleep.
- The first graph here shows your sleep data. Press W (week) or M (month) to display the desired graphs.
- Press Show more sleep data to dive deep. Here you can see average time in bed, average sleeping time, etc.
- To enter sleep data manually, press Add data Upper right.
- If you use the iPhone when you go to bed, you will not get credit for that time. Or if you postpone the wake-up alarm, the time you stay in bed is updated to match.
Bedtime tracks the time you spend in bed, not how much or how well? In addition, it reminds you to sleep and does not help you fall asleep. But you can always use third-party sleep-inducing apps to help you sleep.
I hope our thorough guide can benefit you! Here are some more related posts to explore: