Several users have reported a problem that when the spacebar is pressed once, a double room is specified instead. This short article explains how to troubletsoot the double room problem. This problem can be very annoying because it will make it very difficult to write even the simplest documents or emails.
See also: Slow Mac?
For various reasons, both spaces on Mac desktops and laptops can stop the spacebar from working properly.
Basically, there may be two reasons. It can be a setup problem. However, it is highly likely that this is a hardware problem (a mechanical problem), especially if all the other keys on the keyboard work as expected. It is possible that the spacebar (bar) probably sticks as you can easily fix.
And there are three ways to solve and solve this problem:
- First, let's see if this is a setup problem. Consider adjusting your keyboard settings. Your Mac has different keyboard settings. So you can control how the Mac keyboard works. Try adjusting the keyboard's "Key Repeat" and "Delay Until Repeat" settings. Go to the Apple menu> System Preferences> and keyboard:
- Key repetition: When you press and hold the keyboard, repeat yourself. How fast do you want it to repeat? Changing this setting can help you. You can turn repeat completely. Try this. Then write something to test the spacebar.
- Repeat Delay: You can also change the delay before a key begins to repeat when pressed. You can also try adjusting this setting.
- If you think your problem is hardware problem, clean the keyboard. Look carefully at the spacebar, do you see any debris, bits of dirts, hair, different parts of things? Follow the steps below:
- Turn off the computer
- Hold the laptop or keyboard upside down
- Push the back
- Give it a good shake while tapping
- If you have a keyboard vacuum, use it
- You can Want to use compressed air to blow some debris out.
- Another cleaning method that we recommend is to suck. Cover the spacebar with your mouth and suck.
You can use these tips if your keyboard writes twice twice, not just the spacebar.
See also: IPad Pro Smart Keyboard says "This add-on is not supported by this device"