Kinemac is a real-time 3D animation and presentation program that lets you create your own professional 3D animations with the simplicity of a 2D presentation tool.
See Gallery with 3D animations
Just drag your photos, text, movies and songs to the Kinemac stage to include them in the animation. Kinemac allows you to apply images and movies to the clear objects such as cubes, cylinders, spheres, tubes, pies, rectangles, disks … that you can easily animate by setting key frames. It also allows you to quickly create 3D text and 2D scroll text (RTF and RTFD) with all kinds of fonts, colors, sizes, shadows, embedded images …
A powerful animation control system based on Bezier curves allows you to carefully control every aspect of the movement, such as translations, rotations, resizing, fading, speed, acceleration and deceleration of any object on the stage. The result is a smooth, professional animation that you can play in real time / full screen or export to a QuickTime movie file.
Kinemac uses state-of-the-art technologies such as the OpenGL engine, QuickTime and the Cocoa framework, making it the ideal program for creating TV commercials, movie trailers, video clips, snapshots to put “in the air”[ads1]; in real time, video content for CDs, DVDs, websites … It has also been said to be “fantastic” to illustrate concepts through 3D animations at conferences, schools and universities. Kinemac is for OS X only.
Supports the following video cards (not only) with 128 MB VRAM (or more):
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- ATI Radeon X1900
- ATI Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition
- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Edition
- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Mac special edition
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Mac Edition
- ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Mac Edition
- ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Power Mac G5 Edition
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (RV M11)
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 (RV M100)
- ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4400
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 512
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL (NV40)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GL DDL
- NVIDIA GeForce Go5200 (NV34M)
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (NV34)
- NVIDIA GeForce2MX
Note: Now requires OS X 10.13 or later
- Kinemac is now a 64-bit program running on macOS 10.13+
- Successfully tested on Catalina
- Kinemac is now a “Notarized by Apple” program.
- Set for Retina displays
- New GUI and dual resolution icons.
- GUI with light mode and dark mode.
- Export animation to 4K photos and movies (if your graphics card allows it – usually yes).
- New trackpad handles to easily and quickly manage the views, cameras and objects in a dynamic way. e.g. pinch to zoom in on the view, control-two-fingers-drag to rotate the view, command-two-fingers-horizontal-drag for dynamic forward-rewind playback point …
- Implemented Copy-KeyFrames on the Beziers window. Select the key frames, copy and paste them on a new playback point. This feature is useful for duplicating and repeating a given behavior such as a movement, a sprite-light-color-change …
- You can create and open as many stage windows as you want (select the menu item “Window: new window”) and watch the animation play synchronously. You can move the new window to another screen.
- In the scene view, you can now click on an empty area and drag to select the objects. Hold down the Shift key ⇧ and drag to deselect the objects that have fallen within the crop area.
- Smoother clicks and pulls off the sprite cameras and sprite lights on stage.
- The Sprite window (timeline) can now be zoomed horizontally using the pinch movement on the trackpad. Double-click with two fingers to reset the 1: 1 zoom.
- The modal windows are now sheets attached to the current window.
- The old QuickTime framework has been rejected. Kinemac now uses the AVFoundation framework, which guarantees the highest quality exported movies.
- Increased the standard quality (bitRate) for the exported movies.
- Added the “Quality” slider to the “Export to Movie” panel.
- Improved Bezier window drawing quality and user interaction (zoom, drag, pan, copy / paste, edit curves …
- Improved the quality of standard object textures such as cubes, spheres … the static lights and the global light.
- Improved SVG compatibility for import and extrusion / revolution.
- Resolved an error on the Motion Blur edit panel.
- More repairs and general improvements.
- OS X 10.13 or later
- Supported video card (see description)
- Successfully tested on Catalina