Owners of Linksys Tri-Band Velop routers can look forward to HomeKit support after the company began launching a software update and adding the feature. Linksys had promised that HomeKit support was on the way earlier this year, and it is coming now.
However, getting the update is not that easy, and it seems that Linksys has not made it available to everyone yet. Those who can get it will be able to update their hardware via the Velop app for iPhone and iPad.
The advent of HomeKit-compatible routers is fairly new, allowing users to control their Internet connection through the Home app.
They can control which devices and accessories are able to connect to the Internet, giving them instant and easy access to changes that would previously require a trip to a browser or the manufacturer’s own app.
Users will also have access to firewall settings and what not from their iPhone, iPad and Mac.
So far, there are a number of models that seem to be good to go, including A03, WHW0301, WHW0301B, WHW0302, WHW0302B, WHW0303 and WHW0303B routers. If you have not yet been able to update your device, we suggest you check back tomorrow. It’s coming!
You may also want to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW links, OTA profile file and iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 released
- How to fix bad iOS 14 battery life [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 final IPSW links, OTA profile file along with iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 using Checkra1n 0.11.0, here’s how to do it [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final compatibility for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW links and install on iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 update requested fixed issue on iPhone and iPad, this is it
- Solve iOS 14 Estimation of remaining issues, here’s how
- Fix the iOS 14 OTA fix by preparing for the update issue, this is it
- Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13.7, How to do it [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG app hack: Activate outside the US in unsupported Series 5 and 4 countries without jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Like this post on Facebook