macOS Catalina has a central location for Apple ID account information in System Preferences, so you can read important tips and alerts for your account, access and adjust security features, update iCloud settings, manage media and purchases, and more.  Catalina: Apple ID Account Management
With MacOS Catalina 10.15, almost all Apple ID account information is available on the Internet through a whole new part of the System Preferences app.
This is where you want to be high-level over your Apple ID account and make sure you're on top of things by checking out tips and key account notifications from Apple. If an Apple ID account feature is not properly configured, or if the current settings make the account insecure, you may be prompted to, for example, turn on two-factor authentication.
Another section contains basic account information, so you can easily update details such as name, contact, password, email newsletter, as well as payment and shipping information. It was also possible in Mojave if you knew where to look. In Catalina, your account information is always available from the System Preferences main screen.
When you help manage security for the Apple ID, the new system settings window also provides a useful list of all the devices that are logged into your account and other useful information, such as when a particular device was last backed up, the status of Find my service and so on. When it comes to buying, you can upgrade your storage plan through this section.
Again, this was possible before, but Catalina makes access to these things easier.
Another subdivision deals with any media and purchases associated with this Apple ID account. You can see the status of all your current subscriptions, browse past purchases and change the various settings related to Apple's content stores.
And if you happen to use family sharing, you can see which subscriptions and services you share with others, which in your family have enabled the Ask to buy feature , and more.
And that's pretty much everything you need to know about the new Apple ID section in Catalina.
Catalina: Apple ID Account Management changelog
Here is Apple's list of changes for Apple ID Account Management in MacOS Catalina 10.15.
- Apple ID Account Information : One place for your Apple ID account information – now you can access all your important Apple ID account information right from System Preferences on your Mac.
- Overview and useful messages : A new overview on you allows you to quickly review important tips and alerts to ensure that your account is properly logged in and secure, and that all the features you expect are set up and works properly.
- Basic Account and Security Details : Easy review account details, such as names, contact information, passwords, security details, payment and shipping information, and newsletter preferences.
- iCloud Settings : Review and update your iCloud settings and manage or upgrade your storage plan at any time.  Media and Purchases : Easily access your current subscriptions, past purchases and account settings related to the App Store, iTunes Apple Music, Apple Books, Apple News and more.
- Family Sharing : Show which subscriptions you share, which services are enabled, who has the Ask to buy turned on and more.
- See all your devices : See a list of all the devices you are signed in with your account.
MacOS Catalina Requirements and Availability
macOS Catalina is compatible with the following Macs:
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Air 2012 and later
- MacBook Pro 2012 and later
- Mac mini 2012 and later
- iMac 2012 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later
- Mac Pro 2013 and later  To learn more, read Apple's press release or visit apple.com/macos/catalina-preview.
What do you bring to the newly developed Apple ID account administration in MacOS Catalina?
Notify us by leaving a comment below.