Have you ever wanted to run a Linux shell on your iOS device to transfer files, write scripts, or just use We to develop code or edit files? Now, with a project called iSH, which is currently available as TestFlight beta for iOS devices.
iSH is a project that aims to bring a Linux shell to iOS devices using a username x86 emulator. ISH is built on Alpine Linux Distro, designed to have a small footprint, be safe and easy to use with little or no distracting watches and whistles.
This is very cool, but seems to violate many App Store
- Emulates Mac Plus, Mac II or Mac 128K
- Fully simulated keyboard (including all Mac keys)
- Full audio.
- Mini vMac for iOS (via Adam Bell Output
- Uses Remote Keyboard if Available
- Adjustable Emulation Rate
- Single (ish) Import / Export Disk Images
Stay up-to-date by subscribing to comments RSS feed for this post.