You have requested request in v11:
- Split-view mode for editing
- New font bar for expressive font control
- Import scans from Continuity Camera
- Customize page- number locations
- Option to turn off guides
- Medical / Legal dictionaries for OCR (English language)
- Automatic deskew independent of OCR
Interestingly, they are offering an upgrade path from the Mac App Store to their store:
- Download PDFpen 11 or PDFpenPro 11 from our site.
- Launch v.11. It will prompt you to locate your Mac App Store so that we can verify the receipt.
- If your upgrade is…
– Free you'll be prompted to enter your name and email address, and will be issued a free license for v.11.
– Not free you can click on “Buy an upgrade license” for upgrade pricing.
- Upgrade to PDFpenPro from to upgrade to v.11 or the US $ 50 PDFpen
- Complete your purchase and PDFpen / PDFpenPro will register with your new license. You will also receive an email from your new license for your records.
This sounds like what Omni tried back in 2013 but had to retract. The difference, I guess, is that Omni actually generated a full serial number for the old version (which was then eligible for upgrade pricing), whereas Smile is just giving you the upgrade pricing directly. Based on Apple's stated reasoning before, I would expect to have a problem with this, too.
Stay up-to-date by subscribing to the Comments RSS Feed for this post .