Much has been made of Apple’s prevention of Microsoft launching Project xCloud on the iPhone and iPad, and while streaming games from the Internet is not something the new Xbox app can do, it will offer the next best thing – streaming games from a local Xbox One.
According to a report from The Verge, the upcoming Xbox app will offer remote playback functionality, which is not offered right now. And it probably doesn’t need Apple’s approval stamp either.
You will be able to access an Xbox console via Wi-Fi, or even an LTE or 5G connection. Because this app takes control of your home Xbox, you can launch the console remotely outside your home. Xbox starts up without sound or Xbox light in front, and when you disconnect, it returns to standby mode after a short period of inactivity.
A Sony PlayStation Remote Play app is already available in the App Store, allowing gamers to do the same with the PlayStation 4 console.
Given the fact that it came through Apple’s App Store review process, it’s unlikely that the new Xbox app will have any issues.
Microsoft’s new Xbox app for iPhone lets you stream Xbox games to an iPhone 😎 It’s coming soon and this is how it works. More information here: https://t.co/zsQ7S2cEis pic.twitter.com/env64JlaAt
– Tom Warren (@tomwarren) September 25, 2020
The app is currently in the hands of those who are part of the TestFlight beta, so it should not be too long before we all get to take a trip.
You may also want to check out:
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW links, OTA profile file along with iPadOS 14.0.1
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW links, OTA profile file and iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 released
- How to fix bad iOS 14 battery life [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 final IPSW links, OTA profile file along with iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 using Checkra1n 0.11.0, here’s how to do it [Tutorial]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final compatibility for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW links and install on iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 update requested fixed issue on iPhone and iPad, this is it
- Solve iOS 14 Estimate the time remaining issues, here’s how
- Fix the iOS 14 OTA fix by preparing for the update issue. Here’s how to do it
- Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13.7, How to do it [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG app hack: Activate outside the US in unsupported Series 5 and 4 countries without jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet.
Like this post on Facebook