Mimestream combines your favorite Gmail features with the power of a native macOS app, so you can move through your email seamlessly
Made for Mac, optimized for Gmail
As a native app written in Swift, Mimestream leverages the full power of macOS to deliver a lightning-fast and instantly familiar experience. Instead of using the IMAP protocol, Mimestream uses the Gmail API to enable an enhanced set of features that allow you to work easily.
Work smarter, send faster emails
- Rise above the noise and focus on the work that matters most. Mimestream makes it easy to keep your inbox organized with confidence.
- Categorized Inbox – with support for Gmail categories, focus on what matters most, and try the rest at your leisure.
- Multiple accounts
- Label management
Committed to privacy
Your data and credentials are stored only on your device, and the app only makes direct connections to Gmail. There are no intermediate servers, and Mimestream does not collect or sell your email.
- Easy and fast ̵
- Disconnected access – Fully functional when you are disconnected and on the slowest connections – perfect for business travelers and when you are on the go
- System Alerts – Receive macOS system alerts when you receive new messages so you never get behind important threads
- Aliases – Your email aliases are automatically synced from Gmail without any setup and are used for replies when needed
- Signatures – Signatures set up in Gmail are automatically synced with Mimestream
- Robust Search – Enter any Gmail search into Mimestream for regular results. Also search without network
- Swipe gestures – Use familiar macOS swipe gestures to quickly triage and archive your email
- Tracking prevention – Read your email privately – Mimestream blocks tracking pixels from 50+ of the most common tracking services
- Keyboard shortcuts – Get fast email using keyboard shortcuts, including the ability to use familiar Gmail or Apple Mail shortcut sets
- Ready for macOS Big Sur (new user interface adopted)
- Ready to run on Apple Silicon
- Added setting for the account’s preferred response alias
- Swipe action threshold reduced
- Incorrect attachment to photos is displayed for message
- Dark reformatting fails on messages with built-in SVGs
- Corrupt hidden message if preview begins with ‘>’
- Delay when selecting all messages in the list
- Added standard keychain for Remove style:
- Untreated exceptions now generate crash logs