- Apple has already confirmed that the iPhone 12 release date will not come at the end of September as usual, and now evidence is mounting that the new models will be launched in October instead.
- Chipmaker Broadcom said the run-up of chip shipments would be delayed this year, suggesting plans have been affected by Apple’s iPhone 12 delay.
- Rumors have pointed to mid-October as a likely window for the iPhone 12 unveiling event.
When the new coronavirus outbreak was declared a pandemic in March, it seemed inevitable that all aspects of our lives would be interrupted, at least temporarily. Almost every industry on the planet was affected by office and factory outages in the wake of COVID-1
As reported by Reuters, Broadcom said on Thursday that the run-up of annual chip shipments will be delayed this year and run into the last quarter of 2020, which is a quarter later than usual. Broadcom did not say which pieces, but analysts believe they are for the iPhone 12, which may point to a release date in October.
Broadcom’s CEO Hock Tan had warned investors in June that revenues for the last quarter would be lower than expected due to a delayed phone launch from “our major North American mobile phone customer”, and according to Bloomberg, this is often how Tan refers to Apple when he talks about the company.
The Reuters The report continues to note that Broadcom forecasts fourth-quarter revenue over Wall Street’s current estimates, citing the upcoming launch of 5G phones and strong demand for data center chips as the external labor market continues to grow due to office closures. during the coronavirus pandemic.
This is not the first time a release date for October has been suggested for the iPhone 12 series. In addition to Apple confirming that the latest iPhone models will be launched later than the end of September (which, if I do my math correctly, is October), Home Tech host Jon Prosser claimed in a tweet last month that Apple’s iPhone unveiling event will take place the week of October 12. Pre-orders start that week, and the phones are sent a week later.
New, adjusted Apple dates!
Apple Watch and iPad
– Via press release
– Week 37 w / c September 7th
iPhone 12 event
– Week 42 w / c 12 Oct.
iPhone 12 devices
– Pre-order week 42 w / c 12 October
– Fraktuke 43 w / c 19. okt
iPhone 12 Pro devices
– Pre-order and shipping in November (no exact date yet)
– Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser) August 12, 2020
Prosser also suggested that of the four iPhone 12 models expected to launch this fall, the two Pro models will not be shipped until November. All four models are said to have 5G support, OLED displays and A14 processors, but the Pro models will likely have some notable upgrades, including a rumored LiDAR (or 3D laser scanning) system that comes with the rear camera. Fast company covered the feature in detail earlier this week.