My wifi is connected and has very good signal, but after few minutes (sometimes few hours) I have a problem that I face for quite long time and it drives me crazy since it lasts already about 3 years , hard to say) I have no internet. Youtube starts spinning, any open sites just stop reacting, everything is offline. Wifi is still connected.
To fix it, I do turn off wifi and turn it on again. And I repeat it 50 times per day.
I've currently 2017 MBP 13 ", I'm not even sure if this is a problem with MacBook. basic model.
I also had another 2017 MBP 13, 2015 MBP 15 "and 201
I have also a PC which is connected via usb external wifi card (some cheap TPLINK) and I do not think it's that bad. It's also 2.4ghz
I had few routers with included AP from my provider, I recently changed to Unify Lite and nothing helped. I have 2 separated wi-fi, 2.4ghz and 5hz (currently 40mhz band and I tried different configs).
What I've seen that:
– When I go to another room, also closer to the AP, it's stable
– When I turn off Bluetooth, it seems to be better – but I do not get it since 5GHZ should not conflict with 2.4GHz Bluetooth. You have speakers, magic mouse and magic keyboard connected (v2)
– In my office, I see this problem but not that often – also MM and MK connected via Bluetooth
– My girl's MBP2015 15 "and MBP2017 15" do not cause problems but she works from a different room.
– Occasionally I do these tips with cleaning PRAM etc and it seems to work for few hours, but later it's the same.
Anyway, I know that the answer could be:
– do not use bluetooth anymore lol
– change your room lol
I actually drive crazy and I want to know WHY I have this problem so I can solve it.
What diagnostics should I run?