(As part of the celebration of our new Ultimate subscriptions, we have selected Pro video courses that are automatically included in the Ultimate Pro subscription. Today’s feature: Advanced MapKit!)
Using MapKit in iOS is a great way to provide location information to your users. But you can use MapKit to do some really cool things like create apps, give directions, draw on the map and more.
Our latest course, Advanced MapKit, helps you bring the mapping features of your app to life with overlays, renderers, turn-by-turn directions, custom tiles, GeoJSON and more.
What’s inside Advanced MapKit
Here is what you want to cover in this course:
- First you will go through the concepts reproducers and overlays: basically an overlay provides the information About where you draw on the map while the renderer is what you draw. You have the ability to create your own renderer, but MapKit has also provided several renderers you can use.
- Then you will learn how to draw on the map. You’ll see how you can use overlays and reproducers to the map to create custom drawings.
- While maps provide a lot of useful information at the macro level, they can be incredibly vague at the micro level.
You will provides an extra level of detail to your maps using photos.
- Then you learn how to get directions so you can provide turn-by-turn directions in your app just as if it had Apple Maps embedded inside it.
- Of course, it is not enough to give written instructions. You want to work to provide your users a visual representation of squares on a map. It’s easier to do than you might think!
- Do you want to make your map stand out from the rest? Of course you do! You will discover how to do it change the map pieces to another vendor to give your maps a clear look.
- And to take the customization even further, create a brand new map specially designed elements to recreate the map with an imaginative look.
- Finally, you will learn how GeoJSON works, and incorporate GeoJSON into your app to support comments!
When you’re done, you have a great mapping framework that you can easily port to other iOS apps to really make your map integrations shine.
Want to get a feel for what’s included in the video? You can start watching the first episode for free here:
Included with an Ultimate Pro subscription
Do you want to dive further into this video course – or any of our 4000+ videos that cover all important areas in professional mobile development?
Our Ultimate Pro subscription provides instant access to this course, and all other video courses on the site we publish – along with lots of other content!
An Ultimate Professional subscription gives you access to the following content to help you stay up to date:
- 4000+ Professional videos for advanced developers: Access courses designed to help busy developers like you stay on top of your game, covering new and advanced topics such as app architecture, addiction injection, advanced networking, data structures and algorithms and much more.
- 40+ Professional books for advanced developers: Access our huge library of 40+ Pro development books, covering advanced topics such as app architecture, reactive programming, augmented reality, machine learning, test-driven development and more.
- Exclusive Pro course: Take advantage of our exclusive, focused Pro points that are direct and to the point, to show you exactly what you need to know, without wasting time.
- Download video course for offline viewing: Exclusive to the Pro subscription, you can download any of our video courses to watch offline via our iOS and Android apps. Learning has never been easier – or more practical.
Existing subscribers also have a limited time to upgrade to our new Ultimate Professional subscription at a significant discount – get the details here!