قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Apple / New report shows that iPhone loyalty is as low as it has ever been – BGR

New report shows that iPhone loyalty is as low as it has ever been – BGR



iPhone owners have historically not been exposed to duplicating the brand for an Android, but it may eventually change. Referring to a survey conducted by an investment company BankMyCell, CNET reported that iPhone retention has declined 15.2% since March 2018. BankMyCell says it collected data from over 38,000 people who traded on the phones from October 2018 to an accurate meter of retention through the upgrade cycle.

BankMyCell reveals that 26% of the people it was investigating, traded in their iPhone X and switched to a new brand. Meanwhile, only 7.7% of Galaxy S9 owners traded in their phones to an iPhone, while the remaining 92.3% chose to stick to Android. 18% of those who traded in iPhones switched to Samsung last month.

However, the most interesting statistics are total brand loyalty. According to BankMyCell's data, iPhone is the lowest-priced loyalty since 201

1 and is 73%. The highest BankMyCell ever was measured in 2017, when Apple managed to keep 92% of iPhone owners (who responded to the survey anyway).

Apple sells tens of millions of iPhones every quarter, so while BankMyCell's sample size is not entirely insignificant, it's only a fraction of a percentage of the user base as a whole. Nevertheless, as CNET continues to point out, this study is not the only sign that Apple's swoon is not just a result of small sample sizes. Kantar's new report shows that iOS unit sales accounted for 36% of US telephone sales in the quarter, down 2.4% from the same quarter in 2018. Moreover, Android phone sales have jumped 2.5% to 61% over the same team .

In other news this week, Gartner reported that global mobile phone transfers will fall by 68 million units during this year. Brand loyalty aside, Apple is not the only company suffering.

Image source: Zach Epstein, BGR


Source link