Do you like to learn new things and share your knowledge with the community?
If so, we have a cool opportunity for you! We currently look for some advanced developers to regularly create Android screencasts for our site.
How it works, we assign you a guide from our site (like this Room DB Tutorial) and you will then convert it to a series of 2-3 screencasts.
Basically, the material is already done – you just have to focus on presenting the material in a fun and easy-to-understand manner.
This is a paid part-time giant that you pay can do at night / weekends.
Top 5 Reasons To Be A Screen Caster
I've made a series of screencasts last year, and I personally say they are lots of fun to make. Here are my 5 best reasons to be a raywenderlich.com Screencaster:
- They make a difference : It's nice to see that screencasts you make can make a difference. For example, many people told me that the Vapor screencasts I was working on really helped them get over the wave of learning Server Side Swift, something they had struggled with before.
- They are a good learning experience : Even when I feel like I really know a topic, I always learn tons by making screencasts. You'll also be a better presenter and speaker – even if you've never done screenshots before, we'll learn everything you need to know to make screencasts in our high style.
- They Get Your "Face" Out There : It's fun to write written tutorials, but they do not give you the same face-to-face connection with the audience as the videos do. Our big audience will come to know you as a professional on a more personal basis – and even ask yourself about conferences! :]
- You can do it at leisure : A screencast task is approximate in the workload to create 1 training / month, which everyone can make time for, no matter how busy they are.
- It's paid! Each screencast task is paid, so it's a great page performance. In addition, as a staff member, you get free access to everything we do on our site, and you get access to special, potential opportunities and benefits.
What if I have never created a screencast before?
It's ok if you have never created a screencast before, because we guide you through each step of the process.
We have detailed guides explaining everything you need to know and we will work with you all the time. You will make highly polished screencasts in a short time!
How are the videos edited?
After recording your videos, your own video editing team will edit all of your footage and make you look good.
What are the first steps?
To help you get things done, the first step is an attempt where we provide you with predefined scripts and slides that you will need to record a test screencast.
This is a great way to get to know the recordings for recording – such as getting good sound, camera setup and recording energy and enthusiasm, and getting some initial feedback from us before making your first "real"
What is the workload?
The workload is about a training -> screencast conversion "per month (but we are flexible and can work with your schedule).
What other options are available for screencasters?
If things are going well with screencasting and you enjoy the process, you are definitely welcome to create full video courses for our site later.
But for now, we'll start with just screencasts, which you can record into your office / home.
Where do you go from here?
If you are interested in being a screen saver for our site, please email me the following questions:
- Describe yourself and your Android experience. Please link to relevant apps or projects.
- Can you commit to making time in your schedule for a task / month for the next year?
- Do you have a speaking experience? Please link to any videos of you who speak if available.
- Have you seen any raywenderlich.com screencasts? If yes, which?
Thank you so much – and stay tuned for some new screencasts made by our new screencasters team! :]