OWC is Platinum Sponsor for the 2019 Youth Art Competition, culminating with the SciArt Exchange event on August 17 in Los Angeles
OWC today announced sponsorship of the SciArt Exchanges Humans in Space Art celebration. The multimedia, 360-degree show is held to recognize the 2019 Youth Art Competition artwork and recognize the winning artists.
Following the heels of the 50th th anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Landing, the Humans in Space art celebration event will consist of a reception and an immersive show highlighting works of art made by children 10 – 18 years old , from 36 countries around the world. The artworks are meant to educate about the future of space research and celebrate the fact that individuals all over the world are preparing to return to the moon to explore, live and work.
Host Blake Lewis, runner-up on American Idol Season Six, the exciting event will take place from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Los Angeles VORTEX Dome. Many of the Los Angeles-based final judges will be in attendance that night, including retired NASA scientist Raj Sareen, contemporary artist Alan Chin, National Geographic Mars author and producer Mickey Fisher, and more. Profit artwork will be announced during the event.
"OWC is thrilled to have the opportunity to participate in this event, to work with the SciArt Exchange and promote the arts and aerospace," said OWC Founder and CEO Larry O & # 39; Connor. “We at OWC are proud to support educational initiatives and our mission for decades now has literally been to provide creative brains to get the most out of their technology, to push their work to the limit. This competition and event celebrates just that, and we're excited to be there. Forward and upward! "
Several sponsors are:
- Honeybee Robotics – a proud supporter of NASA's exploration missions, Honeybee drilling, core drilling and physical specimens of the Moon, Mars and asteroids are designed to support scientific research and human exploration.
- Vortex Immersion Media – The Vortex Dome is the first commercially immersive media production studio and event venue located in downtown Los Angeles, hosting a variety of arts and entertainment productions, including stage shows, concerts, art performances, as well as engaging art educational activities.
- Mayfair Hotel – downtown “hotel under the influence”, Mayfair is known for its interest in bold adventures and culture, spanning art, music, literature and performance, blurring the boundary between art and experience.
- Rock N Roll Coffee Co -. Providers of fair trade organic coffee, supplying private label 100% Arabica whole coffee beans fried in small batches to industry brands for a superior "taste of home stone"
- Mars Academy USA (MAU) – a 21st Century Academy creating experiential knowledge with exponential technologies by providing real-time, fully immersive simulated Mars missions at their
training facilities. The mission is to train Next-Gen analog astronauts, visionaries, innovators, scientists, explorers and astroprenuers to support humans in space and spin-off benefits to improve the quality of life on Earth.
"SciArt Exchange is honored to work with OWC and the other sponsors of the Global Moon-themed Youth Art Competition and People in the Space Art Celebration," said Jancy McPhee, Ph.D., Director, People in the Space Art Program and Director , SciArt Exchange. "With their help, we are truly engaging, preparing and thanking the generation that will take the next big steps in space, on to the Moon, Mars and beyond!"
About SciArt Exchange
SciArt Exchange is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit that works to change the world by bringing science and technology together with art, and engaging the entire community in the future of space exploration and promoting scientific innovation and collaboration. , education and community support, SciArt Veksling provides an interdisciplinary framework to focus on issues related to space, advanced technology, energy, sustainability and other topics, stimulating dialogue on solutions to major challenges.