ProtonVPN is designed with safety as the main focus, and draws on the lessons we have learned from working with journalists and activists in the field.
- Secure core – Common VPN services can be compromised if their servers are under surveillance. ProtonVPN prevents this by first passing user traffic through our Secure Core network in privacy-friendly countries such as Switzerland and Iceland. Thus, even a compromised VPN endpoint server will not reveal your true IP address.
- Perfect forward secret – ProtonVPN only uses encryption with Perfect Forward Secrecy, which means that your encrypted traffic can not be captured and decrypted later, even if an encryption key is compromised in the future.
- Swiss based ̵
- No log policy – ProtonVPN is a VPN service without logs. We do not track or record your internet activity, and we can therefore not disclose this information to third parties.
- Tor over VPN – ProtonVPN is also integrated with Tor anonymity network. With a single click, you can direct all your traffic through the Tor network and access Onion websites.
Full price information available here.
- Improves stability by automatically connecting to the fastest server when the current one is up and running
- Resolves typos
- Fixes bugs that could prevent macOS from logging off
- Resolves incorrect IP in taskbar widget when Secure Core is active
- Improves keychain handling