Apple is working with its vendors on plans to bring a new 3D sensor to its 2020 iPhone according to a new report of the infamous hit and miss, DigiTimes .
The report, however, corresponds to earlier of the more reliable Ming-Chi Kuo who had the same time scale in mind.
This implementation will allow Apple to add a ToF module on the back of its 2020 iPhone in an effort to improve 3D photo capture. It will also allow for new magnified reality features that have in themselves been rumored for a while.
Although there has been much talk about the potential for some form of magnified reality headset, the iPhone is probably the first use of such technology.
Currently, Apple's depth of use for things like Portrait Mode, use two rear-facing cameras at approximate distances. While this works mostly, something like a ToF sensor will allow more accurate 3D mapping. This, in turn, will potentially provide better portrait mode along with the aforementioned expanded reality opportunities.
2019 iPhones are expected to contain three cameras around the back of the unit, but there will be no ToF system this year. Instead, it seems that 2020 is the year where there will be major changes in the iPhone's camera system. This year's addition of a new wide-angle lens will certainly be useful in certain situations.
Apple is expected to announce its 2019 iPhones in September, with three new models likely to be shown.
You may also want to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW links, OTA profile along with that of iPadOS 13 Beta 4  iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, here's how
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web on iPad Thanks to iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
- 100 + iOS 13 Hidden Features for iPhone and iPad [Running List]
- How to downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta to iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Compatibility Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links and Installs on iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You Can Follow Us on Twitter or Instagram, and even as our Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Internet. 19659020] Related Stories
Like this post on Facebook