While I have a ring video on ring video, it has some drawbacks. First, I had to physically hardwire it into my house. If I lived in an apartment, it would not be an option. The other problem is that I have to find and open the phone to see who is there. If I'm at the door, a peek head gives more meaning. The people at Brinno have a solution, with Brinno DUO Smart Peephole DoorCam ($ 1
Related: Review: Affordable Security Cameras Inside Your Smart Home
Brinno DUO is an improvement because it has a building -In the LCD for instant viewing. You do not need to find the phone or tablet to see the visitor. Brinno is a free companion app, although it is currently not integrated with Alexa or Apple HomeKit. When motion is detected, or if a visitor uses peephole's knocker, images are sent via email and also stored on the included 8GB microSD card. A microSD card for SD adapter is included. The device uses replaceable AA batteries, so be sure to charge the device or replace the batteries.
- Does not require heavy tools or permanent installation
- Embedded LCD monitor for instant viewing  Free Companion App
- Images sent by e-mail and stored on including 8GB microSD card (SD adapter included)
- Uses interchangeable AA batteries
- Need to pay attention to batteries
- Not sold anywhere
- Something staggering setup
- No HomeKit or Alexa integration, currently  Final judgment
If you are looking for an accessory, the Brinno DUO Smart Peephole DoorCam from Brinno should be high on the list.